1. Amy ManiaThis is a mod that adds Amy into Sonic Mania. Plus DLC is required to play this mod, as Amy is over Mighty. However, a decomp port of the mod (where Amy is her own slot,) is also now available. Thank you for all of your support!
Decomp users, please read the entirety of the body text so you don't mess something up with installation!
1.1. Controls:C key (May be mapped to LB/L1 on controller or B/X for customized keyboard controls) = Basic Hammer Attack
Jump + Jump (Pressing & holding the Jump button twice) = Heli-Hammer
Up + Jump / Run + B key = High Jump
1.2. Having issues? Contact us here!
1.2.1. Steam Version:Troopsushi: https://twitter.com/troopsushi (or troopsushi#4993 on discord)
1.2.2. Decomp Version:Zoe's Discord: Zoe the Fox#8677
Gamebanana page: https://gamebanana.com/wips/50006
Github Repository: https://github.com/Kiaru-the-Fox/Sonic-Mania-Decomp-Extra-Slot-Amy
2. Decomp Installation Instructions:
- Dependencies to build a Game.dll from source (see this tutorial for setting up Game.dll building)
- Extra Slot Amy mod assets (found on this page)
- Extra Slot Amy source code (found on the Github linked above)
2.2.1. Code:Copy the Github URL above and open Visual Studio. In the "Get Started" section when initially opening VS, click the "Clone a repository" button.
This will prompt you to insert a Github link. Paste the Extra Slot Amy URL into this box, and click the "Clone" button. This will automatically download the mod's code onto your computer and instantly open it for building.
Before building, make sure to switch the build option from "Debug" to "Release", found near the top-left of the Visual Studio window. There are six options for building, and which one you choose depends on certain factors. These are:
- SonicMania: Build this project if using an RSDKv5.exe file. (if using the x86/32-bit version of the .exe file, switch to the "x86" build option, right next to where "Release" is. If using the x64 version of the .exe file, switch to the "x64" build option instead)
- SonicMania (All): Build this project if using an RSDKv5.exe file. Same as above, but build times are faster with this version.
- SonicMania (Pre-Plus): Do not build this project for this mod. Extra Slot Amy requires Plus DLC to use.
- SonicMania (Pre-Plus - All): Do not build this project for this mod. Extra Slot Amy requires Plus DLC to use.
- SonicMania (v5U): Build this project if using an RSDKv5U.exe file. (if using the x86/32-bit version of the .exe file, switch to the "x86" build option, right next to where "Release" is. If using the x64 version of the .exe file, switch to the "x64" build option instead)
- SonicMania (v5U - All): Build this project if using an RSDKv5U.exe file. Same as above, but build times are faster with this version.
Right-clicking your desired project will bring up a menu with various different options. Click the first option, "Build", to start compiling the project into a Game.dll.
If you get an error that looks similar to this:
The command "copy /Y "C:\Users\username\source\repos\Sonic-Mania-Decomp-Extra-Slot-Amy\build\x64\Release\Game\Game.dll" "C:\Users\username\source\repos\Sonic-Mania-Decomp-Extra-Slot-Amy\build\Game.dll"The project still compiled successfully, even if Visual Studio says it failed.
Once you've built the project of your choice without any other errors, go to "C:\Users\[username]\source/repos/Sonic-Mania-Decomp-Extra-Slot-Amy\build" (replacing [username] with whatever your user folder is called) and you should see a Game.dll. Copy it by selecting it and pressing "Ctrl + C".
If you already have a Game.dll in your Mania Decomp folder, rename it to something along the lines of "GameOriginal.dll". Now you can press "Ctrl + V" to paste the Extra Slot Amy version into your decomp folder. Make sure to keep it named "Game.dll" or the game won't be able to read it.
2.2.2. Mod Assets:In order to make everything show up correctly, you need to download the mod's assets, which can be found on this page in the downloads section. Once you have the assets downloaded, extract it to your Mania Decomp "mods" folder.
When booting up the game, make sure to use the Dev Menu to enable the new Extra Slot Amy mod.
You should now be able to play as Amy, as an entirely new character!
2.3. IMPORTANT - DECOMP USERS, PLEASE READ ME!!Make sure to back up your original SaveData.bin before using this mod! Once an Amy slot is saved into SaveData.bin, it can ONLY be used in conjunction with this mod. Trying to load an Amy save slot without Extra Slot Amy enabled will cause the game to crash upon selecting Mania Mode!
2.4. Liability Notice:We are not responsible for lost/corrupted save data, nor are we responsible for accidental file deletion or overwrites. (Such as "Game.dll"s)
It is clearly stated how to avoid these issues, so if this does happen, it is entirely on you for not reading the setup instructions, not us.