Ever wondered how the jail doors work in say surf_greatestriver?
Well im here to teach you how.
Ok I'm assuming you know how to make teleporters, buttons and doors. If not I have made some tutorials on them, if not I'm sure theres some on fpsbanana.
This version of a jail door in a surf map I'm going to make it button activated.
1. make a brush to the size of your liking. Tie it to an entity(ctrl+t). make it func_button. Leave it where you want it for now.
2. Make a brush the size of your liking to be your door and make it a func_door(ctrl+t). Give it a name of "door1".Ok leave that for now.
3. make an entity for your teleport destination. make the entity info\_teleport\_destination. Give it a name, I will use "teldest".
4. Make a brush the same size as your door with a trigger texture. Highlight and Press ctrl+t. Make it trigger_teleport. Give this a name, I'll use "teleporter". Make the Start Disabled:Yes, and make the remote destination of your teleport destination, I'll make mine "teledest".
5. Now go back to your button and add an output.
Add another output.
6. Ok now go back to your door and add an output.
Another tutorial by iMap
If this has been done before notify me