Hey and Welcome to my Tutorial for env_fire Entities.
For Whose are New to Source Mapping, So Don't Spam in Feedbacks.
What is an "env_fire" Entity? This is an Entity if Placed, Will Make Fire in-game.
How Do I Place Them and Where? Follow these Easy Steps to know:
1. Make an Entity Somewhere in Your Map, Go to its Properties and Tie it to "env_fire". 2. Change the Fire Properties Whatever you Like, but Be Sure to Set 'Start Disabled' to No. 3. Go to Flags Tab and Check these Flags: INFINITE DURATION - Sets the Fire Duration to Infinite. START ON - Makes the Fire to Start One the Map Loads.
4. Click Apply and Close the Window. There you go! That's our Fire in-game in Picture 1!
NOTE: In Order to Make it to Look More Realistic, Add an env_smokestack in the Fire Entity and Set its Intial State to ON! More Realistic: Picture 2.
---------- Now Let's add More Detail, Like a Car on Fire!
1. Make a prop_static Entity Somewhere in your Map. 2. Go to the Prop_static Properties, then Click World Model and Browse... 3. We Want a Good-Lookin' Car Model, So Pick the "car003b.mdl".4. Close the Model Browser, Apply in the Window and Close it. 5. Add an env_fire Somewhere in the Car Hood, Set its Properties to:
Start Disabled: NO
6. Go to Flags Tab and Check these Flags:
INFINITE DURATION START ON
7. Make an env_smokestack Near to the env_fire and Change its Intial State to ON. 8. There you Go! Our Wrecked Blue Car on Fire! Picture 3.
Congratulations, You Have Just Learned about the env_fire Entity!
Please Be Sure to Vote and Post Feedback, to Improve the Tutorial.