This tutorial will be about using the phys_hinge entity, for exemple to create a swinging door...
In fact, it can be used for a lot of things. Here, I will make a door for a container.
Don't worry, this is not so hard to use...
START1. First, make the container (walls, doors and all...) or use a model.
2. Then, "cut" the doors in the container and tie them as a func_physbox.
A func_physbox is simply a physic solid... This is something really useful in a lot of situations.
Now, change it's properties :
- Name : door_container
- Material Type : Metal
- Mass Scale : 4
- Flags : "Physgun is NOT allowed to pick this up"
3. Place a phys_hinge at the top corner of your door (it depends if it's the left/right door), and move the hinge point (the blue point) to the middle of the door.
Change it's properties :
- Entity 1 : door_container
- Friction : 8
The Friction determine if the door rotate easily or no... Once again, changing this value can give a feeling of a heavier/lighter door.
This is the process to make a swinging door. If you want to do the other one, do the same thing, but with the other door.
- Some steps have their own screenshots, don't forget to look at them
- I hope that you have learn something and that it was not so hard to understand
- Thanks for reading !!