Second tutorial, and this time, it's about creating a teleporter using an animated model.
Like my first tutorial, it's pretty easy so you don't need a lot of knowledge about Source Engine Mapping.
START1. Start by making the room where your teleporter will be.
2. Place a prop_dynamic, and change it's properties :
- Name : teleporter
- World Model : combine_teleportplatform.mdl
3. Create two "trigger blocks"
Create one block covering the "teleporter floor" (it will be the trigger_teleport) and another one less wide at the back of the teleporter (it will be the trigger_once).
4. Tie the blocks into entities
The first one need to be a trigger_teleport. Change it's properties :
- Name : trigger_teleport
- Start Disabled : Yes
- Remote Destination : guy_teleporter
- Flags : Clients
5. Place two ambient_generic
Sounds make the sequence even better. Place two ambient_generic and change their properties :
- Name : sound_open_teleporter
- Sound Name : pod_open1.wav
- Name : sound_start_teleporte
- Sound Name : portal_open1_adpcm.wav
- Flags (for the two ambient_generic) : "Play Everywhere" "Start Silent" "Is NOT Looped"
Create a block using the playerclip texture in front of the teleporter to "close it", and tie this block into a func_brush and change it's properties :
- Name : close_teleporter
- Start Disabled : Yes
- Solidity : Toggle
- OnTrigger - teleporter - SetAnimation - close - 0.00
- OnTrigger - sound_open_teleporter - PlaySound - 0.00
- OnTrigger - close_teleporter - Enable - 0.00
- OnTrigger - sound_start_teleporter - PlaySound - 3.00
- OnTrigger - trigger_teleport - Enable - 5.50
8. Now, we need to create the room where you will be teleported
Place another model of the teleporter (only the model and the playerclip walls), and remove it's name. If you don't remove it, the "open" animation will play on the two models, but the second one don't need to be animated.
9. Place an info_teleport_destination in this second teleporter, and change it's name :
- Name : guy_teleporter
10. Congratulations, you've got a pretty nice teleporting sequence !!
- Some steps have their own screenshots, don't forget to look at them
- This sequence is really basic. You are totally free to add an env_fade, an env_shake (why not), using other sounds or models, or maybe making the sequence repeatable. For that, you have to use a trigger_multiple instead of a trigger_once, and make all the sequence at it's "initial state"
- I hope that you have learn something and that it was not so hard to understand
- Thanks for reading !!