This is my first tutorial, and it's about "waking up" a zombie.
And it's a pretty easy tutorial, you don't need a lot of knowledge about Source Engine Mapping.
START1. First of all, make the room where your zombie will be.
2. Place a npc_zombie and a scripted_sequence.
3. Change the properties of the npc_zombie :
- Name : zombie_wake_up
- Flags : "Fall to ground" "Fade Corpse" "Gag"
4. Change the properties of the scripted_sequence :
- Name : script_wake_up
- Target NPC : zombie_wake_up
- Pre Action Idle Animation : slump_a
- Action Animation : slumprise_a2
- Move to position : Instantaneous
- Flags : "Start on Spawn" "No Interruptions"
5. In the Properties of the npc_zombie, click in "Model" and choose "slump_a" to carefully place your zombie.
This step is not necessary, but it's to be sure your zombie won't be in a wall or in the ground when he will wake up.
6. Place the scripted_sequence at the origin of the zombie, that is to say you have to superimpose npc_zombie and scripted_sequence's origins.
7. Now, the script must be triggered. In order to do that, you have to add an OutPut on the npc_zombie's properties :
OnDamagedByPlayer - script_wake_up - BeginSequence - 0.50
8. Add details to your scenery (blood decals, models, lights...)
9. Well, that's all about it. You got a pretty scary sequence now !!
- Don't forget to add a weapon to damage him
- Some steps have their own screenshots, don't forget to look at them
- The npc_zombie have different animations to waking up. You can search and try different settings with these animations
- I hope that you have learn something and that it was not so hard to understand
- Thanks for reading !!