Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

Need of help with Hammer editor - A Forum Thread for Source Engine

So i reworked on a map with the owner permission,and i managed to finish it,after extracting all the custom materials and models,i am trying to compile my map but it doesnt compile,i get the same error over and over,and seems in am not the best or expert at hammer i need someone to tell what im doing wrong,i ll post the compile log below :

I cant compile my map,i always get the same error over and over saying couldnt find the specified file

The compile log :

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vbsp.exe"
** Parameters: -game "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test"

Valve Software - vbsp.exe (Jun 14 2017)
8 threads
materialPath: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\materials
Loading c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.vmf
Can't find surfaceprop stone for material STONE/TIDSTAIRSATP, using default
"maps/rp_etonya_v3a/nature/causeway_blend_grass1_dirt1_nodetails_wvt_patch" - "materials/nature/rd_grass01_low.vtf": cached version doesn't exist
ConVarRef mat_reduceparticles doesn't point to an existing ConVar
Too many unique textures, max 1024

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vvis.exe"
** Parameters: -game "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test"

Valve Software - vvis.exe (Jun 14 2017)
8 threads
reading c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp
Error opening c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\bin\vrad.exe"
** Parameters: -both -game "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike" "c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test"

Valve Software - vrad.exe SSE (Jun 14 2017)

Valve Radiosity Simulator 
8 threads
[Reading texlights from 'lights.rad']
[2 texlights parsed from 'lights.rad']

Loading c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp
Error opening c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp

** Executing...
** Command: Copy File
** Parameters: "c:\users\simos\onedrive\documents\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp" "D:\Steam\steamapps\common\counter-strike source\cstrike\maps\rp_misty_prison_v1_test.bsp"

The command failed. Windows reported the error:
"The system couldnt find the file specified"
  • FoxerModder avatar
    FoxerModder Joined 6y ago
    363 points Ranked 51,901st
    3y
    It's been awhile since I tried compiling a map but here's what I can offer: Does the location you are compiling to already exist as a folder? If it already exists does windows know the compiler has write permission for that folder(example using the run as administrator option when starting the compiler?  I've done a google search for 'hammer map compile cannot find file error' and there are several others also having this issue. You can copy and paste that search and see if there is any advice in the reply's to them that might help. It's not a quick or direct answer but some times you have to dig around many places to piece together the answer.
    Bananite
    URL to post: