Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3

How to change Zone placement in Mods? - A Forum Thread for Sonic Mania

Hi!
I wanted to put some Mania Level mods together (to kinda create a makeshift New Game Plus or something) but I have a problem: Many of the level mods replace Green Hill Zone, so this is where my question in: How can I change the Zone placement of a level?
(An example of this is that I want Sky High Zone to be on Oil Ocean Zone and Hill Top Zone to be on Lava Reef Zone, to make it seem like the Zones connect)
I tried renaming folders, but that doesn't seem to work. I really need your help!
  • JohnMew10 avatar
    JohnMew10 Joined 4y ago
    1,184 points Ranked 25,907th
    8 medals 1 rare
    • Returned 1000 times Medal icon
    • One month a member Medal icon
    • Returned 100 times Medal icon
    • 6 months a member Medal icon
    • 1 year a member Medal icon
    • 2 years a member Medal icon
    4y
    problem is with that you'd have to transfer over objects from green hill or whatever zone assets it uses or at least that's how it works for me 
    Photoshop is a curse. avatar
    Mantra
    Photoshop is a curse.
    URL to post:
  • SaturnSH2x2 avatar
    SaturnSH2x2 Joined 4y ago
    820 points Ranked 46,066th
    4y
    You can replace some of these GHZ mods over other zones, but the problem is, object sprites will, more often than not, be screwed up, and, in some cases (like Jungle Zone and Sky High Zone), the game will crash entirely.

However, I can confirm that Straight Line Zone goes over Hydrocity Zone without a hitch, in case you were wondering about that.  Just remember to use Scene1.bin for both acts.

Thankfully, there seem to be more and more mods for zones other than Green Hill everyday, so perhaps wait a while, and see what the community comes up with.
    say stun seed backwards
    URL to post: