If you want to confirm whether the mod works, see if you can ALT+TAB instantly. If you can do that, the mod works. (make sure Borderless Fullscreen code is disabled for this)
(Don't let the name confuse you, it's compatible with Better FxPipeline)
Reduced stutter & better FPSIt's been reported by testers that:
- Frame pacing has improved. You should have V-Sync on for the best frame pacing.
- Stutters in stages like Chemical Plant have been fixed. They should no longer randomly drop FPS.
- FPS has gotten better. It's mostly noticable in demanding stage mods like Eggmanland or Jungle Joyride. You should nearly get double the amount of FPS.
- Due to the nature of Direct3D 9 Ex, ALT+TAB is now instant and does not take any time.
Heavily reduced RAM usage
- Due to the nature of Direct3D 9 Ex, models and textures no longer exist in system RAM.
- You can notice this difference with SWS90's Null Space stage mod. Normally, the stage would go over 1.5~ GB memory usage and wouldn't work without 4 GB executable. However, with this mod, the memory usage barely goes over 600 MB!
- If you are developing a stage mod and having issues with the memory usage, this mod will definitely help you. Just take in mind that everything still exists in video memory.
Display modesThe mod provides display modes you can change through the configuration UI in HedgeModManager:
- Fullscreen: Exclusive fullscreen (which is also the default in vanilla game.) This mode usually gives you the best performance.
- Borderless: Borderless window that spawns at the center of the work area.
- Borderless Fullscreen: Borderless window that covers the entire screen.
- Windowed: Window with titlebar that spawns at the center of the work area.
- You might get the infamous graphics config mismatch error (when using this mod). A workaround was implemented to fix this issue. You can enable it through the configuration UI. Please note that there's no guarantee it's going to work correctly.