- Fixed scaling for Depth of Field and Bloom Glare to work correctly at all resolutions.
- Particles are now affected by post processing.
- Allows for downsampling and supersampling of the internal resolution.
- No longer needs codes, shader mods or alternate executables to work.
- Allows you to select between variety of bloom shaders.
Also included with the mod is a configuration file (BetterFxPipeline.ini), where you can select which of said features you want enabled.
You can also configure it through HedgeModManager. (right click on mod -> Configure mod)
NOTE: You do not need to (and should not) enable Unleashed FxPipeline Shaders mod or the FxPipeline Renderer (through alternate executable or HedgeModManager code).
Make sure Enable FxPipeline code in HedgeModManager IS DISABLED.
NOTE: The mod does not change the shadow map resolution. Use the HedgeModManager codes to upscale it.
Bloom typeThe mod allows you to switch between various bloom shaders. These include:
Sonic GenerationsThis shader is recommended to be used in vanilla Sonic Generations stages and level mods. It's strict when including objects in bloom, but it's very colorful.
Sonic UnleashedSonic Unleashed bloom shader is recommended to be used in Sonic Unleashed stage ports. It's very relaxed when including objects in bloom (like jumpball) and it's very colorful.
FxPipeline Renderer (Legacy)FxPipeline Renderer bloom shader is the original shader for the early renderer. It's in the middle when it comes to including objects in bloom, but it looks very white. You're not recommended to use this shader unless you prefer how it looks or a stage mod was designed for it.
Overriding in stage modsStage mods can override this value in SceneEffect.prm.xml. You can use Parameter Editor to change it under SceneEffect.prm.xml -> BloomStar -> Extra.
Known issuesThese are issues that are in the FxPipeline Renderer by default and are not exclusive to this mod. As time goes on, all the problems will eventually be fixed.
- 3D mode does not work.
- Game randomly switches to 3D mode, albeit super rarely.
- Character portraits do not appear in the collection room.
- White world color restoration is broken.
- Title screen acts weirdly with transparent materials.
- A weird blur appears in front of Sonic when FPS is not equal to 60.
- Loading screen sometimes shows borked images instead of actual text.
- Rescue cutscenes crash when subtitles are enabled.