P4G Music Manager simplifies replacing Persona 4 Golden's music to just a few clicks! No messing around with command line or dealing with all the files. Just select a replacement song (.wav) for one (or all) of P4G's songs, hit Save then Create, and a new BGM.xwb file will automatically be created filled with the songs you've replaced. From there it's a simple copy and paste over P4G's BGM.xwb and you're ready to go!
A new method for replacing music is now available through TGE's (big thanks!) p4gpc modloader (github.com) (steamcommunity.com)! This method doesn't require remaking the BGM.xwb, possibly multiple times, but does require setting up Reloaded II (github.com) with TGE's modloader and encoding files for use in P4G with a tool like P4G_PC_Music_Converter (github.com). First release will still use the xacttool method while I look into adding support for this new one!
- Simplifies replacing P4G's music to just selecting files!
- Replacing multiple songs at once? No problem! All the complex stuff is handled behind the scenes; you'll get one new BGM.xwb file with all your songs ready to go!
- Loads and saves loop point settings automatically! Once you find the perfect loop points, don't worry about saving them to a text file somewhere, the app will do it for you! If a Song Pack comes with predefined loop settings, they'll automatically load in the app! No more copy and pasting!
- One click extraction of Original songs from BGM.xwb!
- Easily play and compare Original songs (once extracted) and Replacement songs with your default media player!
- Enable or disable songs for replacing, without removing them! Useful for testing buggy songs by reducing BGM.xwb creation time.
TGE's xacttool*: shrinefox.com or Discord Attachment (Direct DL)
*xacttool requires .NET Core installed: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
The app shows some basic instructions on how to get up and running. Let me know if more in-depth instructions are needed. If someone makes a better set up/usage guide on gamebanana, steamcommunity, or shrinefox's forums let me know!
Download Icon: Extracts wav files from BGM.xwb.
Attachment Icon: Opens a file select window, choose the file (.wav) you want to use to replace the song.
Pencil Icon: Create a new BGM.xwb with current songs.
When you're ready to make a new BGM.xwb, hit Save then Create. Depending on how many songs were selected, this might take a while... Once it's finished, your new BGM.xwb filled with all your songs can be found in the output folder of the app! Just copy and paste it over P4G's BGM.xwb and you're done!
Saved Settings (.p4g Files):
Song Packs and .p4g Files: