HellStrike is a mod that converts CS 1.6 into a tactical shooter with a focus on realism. The goal of the project is to see how far we can take CS 1.6 while keeping it optimized and playable, as well as fun to play.
Some of the ready features so far:
- 4 player classes (rifleman, raider, marksman, support) with unique perks and abilities
- Weapon attachment system (reflex, scope, LAM, supressor) and ammo types
- Helmet, armor, & nightvision are now visible on player models and disappear when destroyed or not in use
- New weapon and player models with additional animations
- Custom maps
- Custom menus, sprites and sounds
- Battlefield sounds like player reactions, bullet whizzes, distant sounds and more to add to immersion
- New movement abilities (sprint, slide, roll, prone, dodge, walljump etc.)
- Well optimized with minimum to no lag
Features in progress:
- New gamemode
- Class items (ammobox, medkit)
HellStrike is planned to be released in the second half of 2020. We're already at the bottom of our list of tasks and need more time to polish the mod. Until then best of luck, everyone!