DESCRIPTIONIam able to place any custom image i want on screen, anytime, any position, with no bugs or flaws or shake, via only AMXX Plugin and .spr file. That means no metahook used, no slow-hacking, no fancy pre-installed files required.
THE HISTORYOver the years people have been trying to place custom images on player HUD via AMXX, there have been some methods here and there, but they all had huge flaws and problems therefore no one used them.
Recently, a new method has appeared, it was only posted on a Russian forum.
This method makes it possible to place .spr files directly on screen, flawless.
Sadly it only allowed to place a image on screen when round ends, it had a lot of limitations, some bugs, but at the end of the day it worked so big respect to the guy that made it.
So, over the last few months i have been improving it, optimizing the code, fixing the bugs, and most importantly expanding it's potential and limitations to do a lot more things! With my progress now iam able to make anything i want want, for example custom crosshairs, interactive menus, loading bars, static images, gif-style images, on-hit markers like CoD, and much more!
- Only 1 image can be placed on screen at one time (iam working on a way to place more than 1).
- You can use up to 512x512 (1024) resolution on each image.
- Because the way Goldsrc works... the higher the in-game resolution the smaller image will be.
- Because the way Goldsrc works... image quality, sharpness, and colors will look a lot worse in-game than what they original are.
- I dont recommend using thin letters or small size fonts if you plan to write text on those images.
- Each image takes 2 precache files, keep in mind Goldsrc only allows up to 512 precache files.
EXAMPLE IN ACTIONNow... this is where it gets interesting...
What you are about to see its a early stage of something never seen before or even thought possible...
With this method, plus a lot of amxx coding... iam able to create custom realistic interective menus.
Take a look at this LOGIN / REGISTER menu system iam working on for my server.
It appears when player join the server.
Player use W and S to go UP/DOWN and press ESPACE to select option.
It is extremely time-consuming to get this all to work perfectly.
(I will soon upload more images and GIF's showing this whole menu in action.)