1. What is Artful Phoenix?Artful Phoenix (AP) is the product of a joint venture between the former development teams behind popular mods Artful Lander and Phoenix, with a combined three years worth of development and original content.
The mod is rooted in the gameplay of equipment-based user created modes for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U such as Smooth Lander Heavy Gravity and Smooth Lander Anchor Jump, recreating these conditions and building upon them to create one of the most fast-paced, technical, and balanced gameplay overhaul mods for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
With the addition of advanced techniques from past Super Smash Bros. games, as well as Rivals of Aether and a few entirely new abilities, Artful Phoenix is a celebration of both the Smash Brothers series and Nintendo as a whole, and is unlike any other Smash Bros experience.
2. What is in Artful Phoenix?- An entirely re-balanced, sped up, and improved cast, each featuring personalized improvements to their movesets with careful attention to preserving their flair. Everyone can also now make use of Rivals of Aether styled directional airdodges, improving everyone's recovery capabilities and also allowing them to wavedash, as well as a multitude of other advanced techniques such as DACUS, Running-Jump Momentum, Taunt Cancelling, Crouching out of run, and even the "easy input" wavedashing from Rivals.
- Pure Project M-style Turbo Mode, featuring attacks cancelling and receiving no landing lag on a successful hit. Activate it in any mode or even online by holding Grab and Shield during the starting countdown.
- An array of unique alternate costumes for a select group of fighters based on their games/histories, all created in-house by the Artful Phoenix Dev Team. (Everyone is planned to receive a costume eventually!)
- A collection of brand new/returning/revised stages, all designed specially for competitive play and created just for Artful Phoenix. (Check below for our current legal stage list!)
2.1. Current Changelog(Available Here)
2.2. Where can I download Artful Phoenix?Our Discord
3. Frequently Asked Questions
3.1. Is this just another credit-less modpack?No. All content within Artful Phoenix is original or created by members of the development team, unless specifically stated otherwise in the patch notes.
3.2. Will you release ____ seperately, and/or can I use Artful Phoenix content in my public modpack?The answer to both of these questions is No.
All content made for Artful Phoenix is designed solely to fit within the mod. Many assets will not work if isolated and placed into Smash 4, or other mods/packs that do not share our coding.
3.3. Is this mod aiming to recreate Melee styled gameplay a-la Project M, or return to the style of a previous Smash game?We've brought back many advanced techniques from previous Smash Bros. games, such as wavedashing, double-jump cancelling, and DACUS. However, we have no intent to fully replicate the play of any previous games in the series, instead taking these techniques in a new direction for a unique competitive Smash experience.
3.4. Will you release an unpacked version of Artful Phoenix?Yes, and it can be found in the Discord server! (Link above)
3.5. Where can I find Artful Phoenix on social media?We're currently available on: