Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
A short preview of a map I have been making for a few weeks that I plan on entering into The ["Time Traveler"](http://www.gamebanana.com/news/20032 "The "Time Traveler" Mapping Contest") Mapping Contest.
### **Current Features & Background**
- Full recreation of the original fy_poolday for source.
- Set 50 years ahead of the original map theme. Thick foliage has overgrown the place, and a shift in climates has resulted in thunderstorms.
- This map has built in thunder and lightning sequences, as well as precipitation outside to fully incorporate an eery and somewhat challenging environment that I was looking for.
- A shift in times has resulted in the Terrorists wanting to bomb the old facility to further provoke fear and lack of trust among the citizens of the local town.
- There are also buyzones in this map, a new twist in this version that the original did not have.
### **Planned Additions**
- Further running down of walls.
- More custom textures.
- More in-depth and sharper lighting throughout the map.
- General cleanup and optimization.
### **Please post constructive criticism! :)**
Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far guys. :)
What do you think about the update? I still have a lot of work to do for the tiling, and I do plan on adding minor displacements on the ground where dirt seeped over the edges.
Any ideas what I can do around the tops of the walls so it doesn't look near as flat?
Thanks for the help so far!
(Also, if you would like a compiled version of the map to run around on, please let me know. I would appreciate it.)
Looks cool, I agree with Logan however.
Making individual tiles will always look better than the texture replicating it.
If you have enough time, it's those sort of details which will give you a much better chance over most people.
Needs more pop-ed off tiles (wall/floor).
The giant ball of dust in the middle doesn't make much sense. Should either be lower to the ground or not as thick.
Stands out too much is all. Just my opinion.
Walls could use top/bottom trim instead of all white tile. Something anyway,