GB Moderator Applications and YouEnjoy GB? Like helping others? Wish to help out around GB in your free time/leisure? GB has changed its approach to moderator inquiries. We now allow members to create a support ticketas an application to be a moderator of GB. What things should you include in this ticket? These are some general questions that hopefully this guide will answer for you.
First you need to know if you even qualify to be a moderator. We have a loose set of rules to follow when considering an application. Any or all of these rules can be ignored if the applicant (you) is a solid choice for moderator.
- Makes extensive content contributions and/or feedback/EF contributions
- Has no history of misbehavior evidenced in their modlog or elsewhere
- Gets along well with all moderators and most members
- Is over 18 or very mature for their age evidenced by their post quality and general conduct
- Age is a hopeful, not a requirement. If you're not 18, but display maturity we're comfortable with then we consider that sufficient. A lot of our Moderators are not 18 years old, so do not be discouraged by that rule
- Has been on the site for more than 6 months
In ticket you will want to include as much information about yourself as possible. As pertains to being a moderator. We don't need to know the trivial things, but more about you in relationship to the site. Here is a list of some general things to include in your application:
Basics to Include
- Section in which you wish to be a moderator
- Qualifications (why do you think you're good for the section)
- Personal Pros and Cons
- Specific examples (if any) of you displaying moderator qualities
The application does not guarantee a position. We take into account the necessity of a new moderator. If the section you're hoping to get into has a sufficient amount of moderators to do the job, then it is likely you will not be accepted.
-- Submit a mod application here --