1. PurposeThe Tutorials Section is the section for guides to modding & gaming
2. Site RulesIn addition to section specific rules listed below, tutorials must also follow the main Site Rules. This includes, but is not limited to, no warez and no mods from the porting blacklist, no commercial advertising, no extreme graphic content, NSFW content must have the NSFW setting enabled, no spam, and no unreasonably low quality or low effort submissions.
3. Submission TitleMake sure to use a title that succinctly summarises your tutorial. All caps titles are not allowed. Generic titles like "My tutorial" are not acceptable as they provide no real description of what the tutorial is.
4. CategoryFirst, make sure you choose the correct game section. Next, choose the most appropriate category for your submission. Please look at all of the available choices before making your decision. Do not simply submit the tutorial in a random game or category.
5. Tutorial TextThe main body of the submission is the area to provide your guide and explanations.
5.1. RelevanceIf you plan on releasing a tutorial, make sure it has some sort of relevance to GB or the games that GB supports. Relevance will be determined by the admins and moderators of this site.
5.2. Proper EnglishWhether you are from a foreign country or not, you need to make sure that the English is correct. If the reader can not read the tutorial, it is not worth keeping. This means that spelling and grammar does make a difference.
5.3. DetailsWhen you are writing a tutorial, you need to write every last detail; explain all the pieces of each step. If there is a tutorial that teaches the reader how to use a particular tool that is required for the process of your tutorial. Leave a link to that tutorial and, if possible, a link to a page where you can download the tool.
5.4. Picture & Video TutorialsIf you are making a tutorial with nothing but a giant picture with all of the steps, it is okay as long as you do have all of the steps necessary for someone to use your tutorial. However, since moderators can not edit your videos or pictures, you have to change them upon request. Please embed YouTube/other video links on the tutorial submission, try to refrain from using external links to your video tutorials.
6. Author(s)The author box should include the names of anyone involved in the making of your submission. This would include any person who may have rights to anything used in the submission. Please make sure that your credits are complete and do not include anyone who did not have a role in the creation of the content.
6.1. Did you create the submission?If you are a person directly involved in the making of the submission, then check "Yes." If you simply converted a picture, are redistributing the item, or are submitting the item for someone else, then you would check "No."
7. Studio SubmissionsIf you are the member of a studio, and wish to make this submission a studio submission, use the pull down menu to find your studio's name. If you wish to keep the submission out of any studio, leave the selector on "Non-studio". Do not put any submissions under a studio that were not made by any member of the studio.
8. ImagesThe image(s) for your tutorial must be related to your tutorial, not some random picture from your computer.
9. Copy & PastingIt takes no time or effort to go to a website and copy everything off the page and into a box. Take the time and make your own tutorial based on what you learned from that tutorial or don't submit it. Unlike maps and skins, tutorials are nothing but text, if you found it on Google, so can anyone else.
10. Non-ComplianceNon-compliance with any of the above clauses, unless otherwise noted, will result in your submission being withheld or deleted at the administrator's discretion.
If you are having trouble understanding any of these rules, please contact a moderator or administrator before submitting. To view a list of moderators and administrators, head over to this page.