1. PurposeThe Studios Section is a place for users to have studios to work with one another. Studios cost 50 points to create.
2. Site RulesIn addition to section specific rules listed below, studios must also follow the main Site Rules. This includes, but is not limited to, no warez, no commercial advertising, no extreme graphic content or NSFW content, no spam, and no unreasonably low quality or low effort submissions.
3. QualityStudios must aspire to a high standard of workmanship. Studios releasing poor quality content will be removed.
4. ConductStudio members and leaders must treat their studio with the same respect they treat the rest of the site with. This includes message quality. Studios found abusing any part of the service will be removed.
5. CommitmentStudios must commit to developing site related content on a regular basis. Inactive studios maybe be removed.
6. TeamThe purpose of a studio is to provide a common platform for people to work together. For this reason, studios and studio releases must have a minimum of two members/authors. Within two weeks of inception, your studio must have at least two members or it may be removed.
7. SubmissionsStudios must only make studio releases when the release has been developed by the studio -minimum two contributing authors. Studios found to be releasing works they are not responsible for will be removed (Ex: Uploading 'Googled' Images).
As such, a spray submission may only be a studio release if the image was originally created by the studio. Googled images that are not heavily altered to be considered original works cannot be studio releases. Images that are simply converted to spray format also cannot be studio releases.
7.1. Contributing AuthorsA studio member who has created some physical piece of work within the submission (prefab, texture, normal map etc). Any studio member posting feedback in a WiP that results in design changes from the WiP owner does NOT qualify the poster as a contributing author.
7.2. ExceptionsA studio submission must have a minimum of at least two (2) users from the same studio involved with the creation of a submission in order to be a valid studio submission. Submissions that were made only by one member of a studio or solely with help from those outside of your studio are not eligible for being marked as a studio submission. Submissions originally submitted as non-studio submissions are not allowed to be marked as studio submissions unless another member of your studio has assisted with updating the content provided in the mod being presented in the submission, and a proper description of what they did must be provided in the submission's credit list (simply listing them as "helped with updating the submission" or any other vague description of what they did will not suffice, and may lead to the submission's status as a studio submission being reversed or possibly even withheld based on the site staff's discretion).
Users who are found to be falsely updating their submissions in order to mark them as studio submissions will result in the submission being changed back into a non-studio submission, and possibly withheld or trashed at the discretion of site staff. Repeated offenses may result in the user being temporarily restricted from submitting content to the site as well.
7.3. LanguageAs of 2011, Studios may post in their native language to improve the studios ability to communicate/cooperate to create content for release. This extends ONLY to the Studio Profile, Positions Available, WiP and Projects pages.
8. Non-ComplianceNon-compliance with any of the above clauses, unless otherwise noted, will result in a warning, followed by removal of memberships, changing of studio ownership or removal of the studio itself, at the administrator's discretion.
See also the Studio FAQ page for more information.
If you are having trouble understanding any of these rules, please contact a moderator or administrator before submitting. To view a list of moderators and administrators, head over to this page.