1. Personal DataThe Scrubber will end your membership on GameBanana, and delete or scramble public, personal data that could identify you as a "natural person" as per the EU's GDPR requirements. This personal data includes:
- Avatar & personal images
- Contact info (if set)
This data will be erased, scrambled or anonymized. After scrubbing, you will not be able to log in, and you will lose control of untrashed submissions and posts.
2. Your Existing Submissions & PostsThe Scrubber effectively severs the link between you as a natural person and your GameBanana account. Any submissions and posts that you have not trashed before scrubbing will be transferred to an anonymized member.
If your submissions or posts contain personally identifying data, you should trash them or erase the personally identifying portions before scrubbing your account.
Personally identifying data in submissions and posts may include:
- Embedded videos or media that link to other sites that identify you (such as Youtube).
- Email addresses or other contact info you have manually entered into submission blurbs, README's and text files in downloadable archives.
Please check your submissions and posts for any personal data before you scrub your account. By default, your anonymized submissions and posts will remain on GameBanana for the enjoyment of our members, but If you wish, you can trash all your submissions and posts before scrubbing your account.
3. Credits & MentionsIf you have been credited with creating part of someone else's submission, your credit entry will be anonymized, assuming the credit was linked to your user number. If other members have posted data that personally identifies you, such as hardcoding your name into their credit fields or mentioning you in archive text files, etc, you will need to contact them and have this erased.
4. Novelty Account InfoSome account data will not be scrubbed or scrambled because it is not considered personal data. This data may or may not be entered and includes:
- PC Specs
- Software Kit
- User title
- Honorary title
If you have set this data to something personally identifiable, you should change it before scrubbing your account.
5. Personal Data That Is Not DeletedSome data that may be considered personal data will not scrubbed. This data is only viewable by Administrators and is retained for security purposes. This data includes:
- IP addresses
- User Agents
This data is retained in various security and administration logs only accessible to adminstrators. This data is retained for the following reasons:
- To prevent duplicate account creation
- To prevent point laundering and point farming schemes
- To inform our security platform of brute force login attempts against multiple accounts