how to make a counter strike source background without downloading anything
- Counter strike source(duh)
1. Ok so first your going to go online and find a picture the same resolution as your monitor (1024x768, 800x600,etc.).
2. Go into the folder "counter-strike source/cstrike/materials" and create a folder called console.
3. Go into the folder "sourcesdk_content/cstrike/materialsrc" and create a folder called console.
4. Now open that photo in Photoshop and edit the photo to have a size of 1024x1024 (don't worry it will go back to normal).And save that photo to "sourcesdk_content/cstrike/materialsrc/console" with the name as background01 as a targa file.
5. Open the folder "sourcesdk/bin/ep1/bin" and scroll down to the bottom till you see the program vtex.
6. Now leave open the folder from step 5 and open the folder "sourcesdk_content/cstrike/materialsrc" where you saved your pic "background01.tga" and have both windows from step 5 and step 6 open, then drag your "background01.tga" over the program vtex and drop your pic.(refer to screenshot a)
7.you should come up with a box full of black and eventually will say press a button to continue, press a button.(refer to screenshot a)
8. wallah, if you followed my steps precisely you should have your new pic as your background next time you launch counter strike.