A very simple tutorial about making rain drops in photoshop.
This is a tutorial about how to make rain drops in photoshop. This is a very easy tutorial made of 7 steps.
1. Open any image that you want to add rain drops too. In order to make this look more realisitc, I'm going to use the following image of a green leaf.
2. Create a new layer named Drop1 and select the Elliptical Marquee Tool and make a selection which looks like a drop on the leaf.
3. Next set press D on your keyboard to set the foreground color to black and the background color to white, or you can do this manually. After reseting these colors, select the Gradient Tool from the Tools Palette. In the tool options bar at the top of the screen, make sure that the first button, linear gradient is selected and that the foreground to background gradient is selected.
Now that the proper Gradient Tool settings have been selected, drag the mouse from the left side of the selected oval to the right.
4. With the Drop 1 layer selected, change this layer's blend mode to Overlay in the Layers Palette.
5. Next right-click on the Drop 1 layer and select Blending Options. Apply the following Drop Shadow settings: Opacity 50, Angle 158, Distance 7, Spread 0, and Size 5.
6. Apply the following Inner Shadow settings: Opacity 75, Angle 158, Distance 5, Spread 0, and Size 5.
7. For the Glow Effect, create a new layer named Glow and set the foreground color to white. Then select the Brush Tool and make a small dot in the drop. For making the curved drops select the Drop 1 layer then go to Filter > Liquify and make appropriate shape and click OK. Here is the final effect:
I hope that this tutorial will help you with your photoshop projects!
Pros: Its simple, detailed and it does the trick. I like the way its written and it makes the pic look realistic.
Cons: It looks weird if its a big drop. That isn't a real problem though.
Improvements: There are no obvious improvements.
Notes: Good job. Simple thing to do for such a nice effect.