This tuto is indispensable, the truth to moddeur does not content with modifying its Battlefield but registers its modifications and in fact a mod. This tuto is going to explain you how to create the base!
1) Go in *:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods
# corresponding to your hard disk or there is BF2.
2) Make one copy to stick (ctrl + c, ctrl + v) of the mod bf2. You obtain a named file " Copy of bf2 ".
3) Rename this file by the name of your mod, but attention, he does not have to contain of space, comma been able to the other character of this style, just man of letters, figures and - _..
4) Open your folder mod and select everything (ctrl + a), make a right click anywhere or in the window of the file and shoot the compartment alone reading.
5) Delete the following files / folders :
MemeEdit (fichier de configuration)
6) Open the file " mod.desc " with a text editor and modify the contents in the following way:
Replace the "MODDESC_BF2_TITLE" By the name of your mod (any authorized characters).
Replace the "MODDESC_TEXT" by the description of your mod (any authorized characters).
Replace the address " http: // www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/customs/home.jsp" by the address of the site of your mod.
7) Open files serverarchives.con and clientarchives.con, add these lines has the end of the file by jumping a line for the serverarchives:
fileManager.mountArchive mods/bf2/Objects_client.zip Objects
fileManager.mountArchive mods/bf2/Common_client.zip Common
fileManager.mountArchive mods/bf2/Menu_client.zip Menu
fileManager.mountArchive mods/bf2/Fonts_client.zip Fonts
fileManager.mountArchive mods/bf2/Shaders_client.zip Shaders
Some useful information:
The AI folder : It's the file of configuration of the botq, if you make a mod multiplayer, delete it.
The Levels folder : the folder where are stored your maps.
The file Movies:
It's the important folder, that's where are stored the videos of intro and background of menu of the game.
Delete videos Dice and EA.