How to install sprays in TF2
- Find your image, the sizes must be power of 2 and the final file size must not exceed 512kb.
- Download VTFedit.
- With VTFedit, Import your own .JPG,.BMP, etc... and convert it to a .VTF file (Valve Texture File)
- Now place the .VTF file in: (your dir)\Steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos
- To fix the quick view appearing blank copy the same .VTF also in: (your dir)\Steam\steamapps\common\team fortress 2\tf\materials\VGUI\logos\UI
- In game, go to the options and click import the spray and browse for it in the \logos folder (not the UI folder!) and validate. (this will create a VMT file near your VTF)