I've looked at the tutorials on installing maps and I think they are confusing. So here's a tutorial on installing map with pictures to help you understand easily.
Thanks to Blazeace1, he has provided a video on installing maps for servers. The video is at the bottom.
1. Once you have downloaded the map, you want to extract or unzip the map. !(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step1.jpg)
2. After you extracted or unziped, it should look something like this: !(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step2.jpg)
3. The next step would be going to your SteamApps file which is located at: C:\Program Files\Steam
4. Now that your in your SteamApps file, go to common.
5. Now go into your Counter Strike:Source file.!(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step4.jpg)
6. Now go into your cstrike file. !(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step5.jpg)
7. Now have your cstrike file and the file with your map both on the screen.!(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step6.jpg)
8. Now your going to drag the files for your map onto the cstrike folder !(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step7.jpg)
9. It will ask you if you want to replace or copy the folders. Hit yes to all. !(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v730/Deski/Tuts/step8.jpg)
10. When it finishes, your map has been installed.
Hopefully this has helped you install the maps you want to enjoy. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to PM and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Installing on a server
- These steps are pretty much useless when it comes to the first step. Where is the map folder? From where do you need to extract the map? It doesn't show where to go!!! I have Windows 8.1 and this is on XP, so can someone please help me with where I need to go, with the steps?
hi my friend, thank you for being so helpful. however i am still very confused. i have CS GO on win vista. i have tried loads of advise. heres the thing. i have CS GO. its for my younger brother. he prefers to play offline. we only have a few maps on offline mode. we could do with a few more maps. ( like those in condition zero ). if you could help me out here, i would be very grateful. ( would need it to be idiot-proof ) haha.. if you could help, could you email me at firstname.lastname@example.org . greatly appreciated.