How to compile Friday Night Funkin for Windows 10
"So , how do you modify the game's code?"To be honest , It's extremely simple once you get the libraries installed.
Once they're actually installed , all you'll have to do is run the build_x64.bat located in "..\Funkin-master\art"
"Great , how do we get started?"
First of all , make sure you download the game's source code , in case you DIDN'T do that , here's a link to it!
Friday Night Funkin's Github
Once you've downloaded the game's source code , here's what you'll need to do :
- Install Haxe , you'll need that to install Lime in Step 2. Haxe is quite simple to install , just run the installer and voila!
- Install Lime. Pretty sure you didn't expect that right? In order to install Lime , here's what you'll need to do :
- Open Command Prompt , when that's done , just type in this command : haxelib install lime
- Once Lime is "installed" , run haxelib run lime setup to finish thing's up.
- If done correctly , when lime is typed in the Command Prompt , you should get something like that :
- Now that Lime is installed , here's all the commands you'll have to execute :
haxelib install flixel
haxelib install flixel-tools
haxelib run flixel setup
haxelib install openfl
haxelib run openfl setup
haxelib install newgrounds
haxelib install hscript
- And you're done! All that's left to do is to put this batch script in "..\Funkin-master\art" and to run it!
- After compiling , you'll get redirected to the game's executable directory
And there you go , it's that simple!