1. Opening the asset fileOpen the sharedassets0.assets with UABE. It usually should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Among Us\Among Us_Data.
Select the latest version.
2. Finding the audioA window like this will show up. Sort by type and find the assets type AudioClip.
3. Exporting the audioFind the audio you want to mod (Like in the texture tutorial, the audios' names are descriptively, but a bit more difficult to find).
3.1. Exporting the DumpNow you've selected the audio you want, click 'Export Dump' and save the .txt somewhere easy to find.
3.2. Exporting the sound fileUnlike last step, this is just if you want to edit the sound that the game already has instead of using another sound; or just to use it somewhere else. Select the audio you want and click 'Plugins'
Click OK and save it somewhere easy to find.
4.1. Mods folderGo into the Among Us_Data and create a folder called 'Mods'. The M needs to be capitalised.
4.2. New audioOnce you have the new audio you want to replace the old with, place it inside the 'Mods' folder.
4.3. Audio DumpOpen the .txt you exported earlier, we'll need to edit some things here. It should look like this:
The things we'll need to change will be:
m_Channels = 1 if the audio is mono and 2 if the audio is stereo.
m_Frequency and m_BitsPerSample if they are different, with their respective values.
m_Length = the length in seconds, it doesn't need to be that precise, just don't make it lower than the actual length.
m_Source = "Mods\audio's file name and it's extension"; for example, if the audio is uuhhh.wav, it should look like this: "Mods\uuhhh.wav"
m_Offset = 0
m_Size = The size of the new audio file in kilobytes multiplied by 1000.
Now click on File -> Save.
5. Re-importing the DumpGo back to the UABE and select the audio, now click on 'Import Dump' and select the .txt you've just edited.
6. Exporting the modThis is like exporting any other type of mod. Go to File -> Save and export your modified sharedassets0.assets. Now replace the old sharedassets0.assets with the modded one. Congratulations! You've finished the mod!
6.1. Publishing the modIf you want to upload your mod to GameBanana or share it anywhere else, go to File -> Mod Maker -> Create installer package file and fill in the information. This window will pop up:
In base folder, put the Among Us_Data folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Among Us\Among Us_Data, fill in the other info if you want, then hit OK and save it somewhere you can access it. Now create a zip containing the emip and the audio. Note: DO NOT SHARE THE SHAREDASSETS0.ASSETS FILE! Now when sharing, share the zip file.
7. Installing sound modsFollow the same steps as texture mods:
Now, if you haven't created the 'Mods' folder in Among Us_Data yet, create it (The M needs to be capitalised) and put the audio you extracted there. Done, have fun!