- ARCropolis - The tool itself
- ARCadia (Recommended) -A homebrew app that will let you turn ARCropolis type mods on or off at the press of a button, and can be used to sort through your custom mod folders
Advantages of ARCropolis:
- Allows unintentionally for "fake" one-slot mods on characters that could not have one slotted voices or models before, which only work in cases where you're not in a ditto match (playing against the same character you're playing.)
- Allows for increased file sizes on the files it supports, useful for mod creators to make mods that were impossible before a reality. Does not require you to dump your game to your MicroSD card
- Random and inconsistent crashes on the select screen on versions before
v0.7.1 and aboveis reported to have fixed these crashes, so please use the latest version first.
- The fake one slot support has been known to be inconsistent and break from time to time given how it works. This is not something that can really be fixed as we cannot control when the game chooses to load files in memory. Please keep in mind this was never intended as an intentional feature as it is right now, but one slots on all characters without these types of issues is an aim of the tool in the future.
You can avoid this by making any slotted mods replace all slots like with UMM by copy pasting missing files from
c00model folders to all other costume slots, and copying all your voice/fighter sound mods and adding a costume name at the end for them.
I would just do this by opening c00 folder of a model mod, selecting all files to copy, and then going in c01, c02, c03, etc... and copying them. Do not replace any files tho
For example, if you had a voice mod for Wario named
vc_wario.nus3audioyou would have to rename it to vc_wario_c00.nus3audio, copy it 7 more times, and change the name for each costume.
and so on. There's a script for this by zrksyd to speed up the process.
If you don't already have the ARCropolis mod loader or are somehow still out of the loop on what it is, it replaces files in memory, which means that if you switch over you will no longer need Ultimate Mod Manager and you can extend the size of just about any relevant file. This is especially useful for modders who can now create mods worrying about file size limitations, which is why many new mods require it.
In the future it aims to allow new files to be added and to unshare files that are shared.
2. Basic Setup
- Move or delete your data.arc dump to free space, this will cause all UMM mods to not load until you copy paste/change the UMM paths to work with ARCrop. I just moved mine outside of the folder.
- Rename the
UltimateModManagerfolder on the base of your SD card to
- Move or delete any mods you don't want installed that you had if necessary.
- Rename any voice mods to have the costume slot you want them on at the end of it. If you want classic mario's voice on c01 only, you can do
vc_mario_c01.nus3audiofor example. If you want it on all slots, copy paste for all slots from c00 (first costume) to c07 (last costume.)
- Temporarily rename, delete, or move
model.numshexbmods that are in your UltimateModManager folder. They are currently incompatible with ARCropolis if they are larger than the original file size. This is being looked into, but model.numshexb isn't an important file regardless (we aren't even sure what it does) so I wouldn't be too bothered by it missing.
- Move or delete the
backupsfolder along with
If you have any troubles installing ARCropolis and getting it to run (it should give you a fake error message about how ARCropolis is running), make sure you follow the installation instructions on the git page. Skyline is included with ARCropolis if you don't already have it, but you don't need to overwrite the files if you already have Skyline.
3.1. My game is crashing upon bootMake sure you only have
/atmosphere/contents/01006A800016E000/exefs/folder and not both at the same time. This will cause skyline to crash as it is running two versions of itself at the same time, and the game cannot handle that without a crash.
Make sure the partially unsupported formats are removed until the ARCropolis tool supports them fully. These are
.numshexbfiles that are over the file size.
.numshexbis not a very important file type.
layout.arcshould be fixed on latest releases of ARCrop for the most part, but was broken on versions before
If this still doesn't resolve your issue, install the latest version of ARCropolis and delete
arcropolis.tomlin \atmosphere\contents\01006A800016E000\romfs and run the game. If it still crashes, try holding L on your controller before you launch the game and until you see the smash opening movie or loading logo. If the crash still happens, refer to the Ultimate Modding Hub for further assistance.
3.2. None of my mods load/ARCropolis never makes a configCheck if you have this file
/atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini. If you do, open it and change
ease_nro_restriction = u8!0x0to
ease_nro_restriction = u8!0x1. Save the file and boot back into the game and see your results. Reboot your console if this was done over an FTP connection.
If you did this and mods still seem to not be loading, verify they are stored in either
/ultimate/mods/with separated folders or alternatively (and not recommended for the sake of convenience)
\atmosphere\contents\01006A800016E000\romfs\arc\with no separated folders.
If you are sure they are there and mods still do not show up, make sure you're using the release of ARCropolis that does not support local wireless play with nearby switches (
release.zip), and use the TCP logger. Your switch has to be connected to Wifi or Ethernet for this to work.
Python TCP Logger download (scripted by Coolsonickirby, created from jam1garner's skyline logger)
Windows Exe download (compiled by Coolsonickirby, created from jam1garner's skyline logger)
For the python version, run the script, enter your switch's ip address, and leave the port field blank.
For the windows executable version, enter your switch's ip address as prompted.
Post the results of anything it errors out on in the comments here or in the Ultimate Modding Hub.
3.3. My game crashes randomly/is crashing on the CSSCheck to see if it's a bad
.bntxfile causing any crashes as some have improper header length. If there's no
.bntxfiles and it's still happening, make sure you have version
v0.7.1 or higherof ARCropolis to prevent random crashes. Latest release should fix all or most major select screen freezing and memory issues.