The Persona Mod Compendium is a program created by the great people over at Amicitia, especially TGE. It allows for the creating, combining, and building of Persona 4 Golden (and many other Persona game) mods. The process is very streamlined and easy to setup.
From what I have seen, a lot of the text on Windows 7 is misaligned, making it hard to select settings and whatnot. I would recommend upgrading to Windows 10 (it's better anyways). If you don't want to upgrade, you can manually edit the configuration files(s).
What you need:
- Windows 7/8.1/10
- The latest release of the Persona Mod Compendium
- A copy of Persona 4 Golden for PC set up for Modding
- Some mods you want to install (optional, as it comes pre-loaded with some already)
- Extract the Mod Compendium to a folder that you will remember.
- Open the Mod Compendium
- Go to the Games dropdown menu and select Persona 4 Golden
- Press the "Settings" button and check the box that says "PC mode." Choose the directory that you want your built mods to be built into (usually the "mods" folder in the game directory is what I choose so I don't have to move or copy any files around.) Ignore the other options, as those are for PS Vita.
- Open up the zip folder of your Mod (if you have one) and check to see if you have "prebuild.bat" and "Mod.xml", as well as a folder called "Data". If your mod does have those files/folder, then you are good to go and can place the mod folder that contains the "Data" folder, the Mod.xml, and the prebuild.bat into your \Mod Compendium\Mods\Persona4Golden\ driectory. If said directory does not exist, create it. If your mod folder dees not look like this, then refer to the next step.
- THIS STEP IS EXCLUSIVELY FOR PEOPLE WHOSE MODS DO NOT COME COMPENDIUM-READY. First, press the "New" button in the Mod Compendium and fill out the relevant information. Then, right click the newly added mod on the list. Click "Open Directory" and navigate inside the "Data" folder. Then, paste the mod's contents inside (usually a folder starting with "data0000" with a number between 0 and 6 at the end.
- Go to your desired mod(s) in the Mod Compendium and press the check box next to the mod(s) that you wish to apply. Then, press "Build." Wait for a notification telling you it's done, then copy the contents of your Output folder to the mods directory in the Persona 4 Golden game directory if that is not where you specified the output folder to be.
8. Run the game through Reloaded II and your mods should be active.