1. Getting the needed filesTo mod Bayonetta 2 you'll need to get these files first:
- CriPakGUI - for patching game's data.
- Cemu Emulator - for running the game.
content" folder in your unpacked game - for getting original game's data to patch later.
You can find it in this location:
- Mod Support Cemu Graphic Pack - this graphic pack is made so you can install the mods easier later
2. Setting up the emulator.I'll skip this step of installation, but if you want to find some video tutorials on how to do this, I'd recommend looking for an up to date tutorial on BSoD Gaming's YouTube channel.
If you want a text tutorial you can visit Cemu's "Getting Started" page.
3. Adding Mod Support.
This step is probably the easiest one.
All you need to do is:
Unpack the previously downloaded Mod Support Graphic Pack into
cemu/graphicPacksdirectory as seen here:
After you've done that, this step is done!
4.1 Copying the game's file and patching it. - for any mod except the ones that replace game sound.
Unfortunately, unlike on the Switch version of the game, we can't load mods without repacking the main game's data cpks. But it's really not hard, I'm sure you can do it.
4.1.1 Copying game's files
All you need to do in this step is:
Copy data00x.cpk from your content folder that you found on the very first step into the content folder in Cemu's Mod Support graphics pack as seen here:
Mods that replace game models (such as characters, weapons, etc.) go into data000.cpk
4.1.2 Patching the copied file.
This step is the most important one.
- Create a folder named "
patch" in the same directory as seen here:
- Open your data00x.cpk with CriPakGUI:
You will see a list of all cpk's files.
- Put the mods into your patch folder, please put modded files in the same file paths as the original files:
- Patch the cpk with modded data:
1. Click "Patch CPK"
2. Select the "patch" folder you created as a patch data directory in a new window
3. Select new CPK path and name your new cpk and click "Save":
4. Click the "Patch" button:
5. Wait until it finishes patching your cpk, after it's done this window should appear:
Now you can close CriPakGUI.
6. After this is done you can delete your old cpks if you want, but I usually rename it to anything else, the game won't load it that way.
7. After that, rename your new cpk to its original name:
4.2 Installing sound replacing mods.
Replacing audio is much much easier.
They should come in separate graphic packs. Just enable them in Cemu and you're good to go.
5. Enable Mod Support in Cemu and run the game.
To enable mod support all you need to do is enable this graphics pack in Cemu:
If you did everything correctly, your game now has mods!