1. Getting into P4G Modding is a bit daunting, especially since besides Shrinefox basically no one shares info. So here's a breakdown for installing mods, and useful tidbits if you'd like to make your own mods.
This mod could become outdated as new tools are created, I will update as needed.
1. Before Starting
1.1. There are a few things you needDownload Reloaded 2 from the Release.zip here (do not close this tab yet!)
Download P4G Mod Loader from here
To make mods download this
To know how to open certain file types, check out this wiki
TGE also made his own guide here, be sure to look at it as well
2. How to install Reloaded 2Believe it or not, this is the hardest part of the entire tutorial, please read this part carefully to avoid confusion.
Due to many people not installing the prerequisites, please read this part carefully, and make sure to follow what I wrote to avoid having preventable issues.
First up, look at the release notes for Reloaded's download
Download all 4 Pre-requisites, and once they are all done reboot your pc. This could take a bit, but don't worry, it's smooth sailing from here on out.
Once you have downloaded those, extract p4gpc.modloader.7z and place it in the mod folder located inside Reloaded 2's folder. If you've done it correctly, your filepath should look something like this.
When that's done, open up Reloaded-ll.exe as an Admin.
Let Reloaded Run, it might ask to install something, let it, then we'll set up the P4G modloader with it.
Before setting up the mod loader, download dot net core from here.
3. Setting up the P4G ModloaderFirst thing we need to do is add P4G as an application. Navigate to the bar on the side of reloaded 2, and hit the + at the top
A new screen will open up
Navigate to your P4G game folder (should be a similar file path to this in your steam folder, if it's not under "Day" look for "Persona 4 Golden") and double click on P4G.exe
Next you will be greeted with the Protagonist's beautiful pixelated face
Now, you can see P4G's icon in the sidebar of your Reloaded 2! That wasn't the end just yet though, we're almost done.
3.1. Downloaded Steamhook and enabling modsNow go to the download mods tab, which is the Gear icon next to the +
Then, click reloaded.universal.steamhook and click download
Then go to manage mods
Click on "Steam Hook" and double click P4G.exe to get it to work.
Then click on Yu's Pixelated Dreamy Face and click on the boxes next to Steam Hook and Mod Loader to enable them!
And... you're done! The next few steps will go through how files should be set up for P4G, and how to enable Reloaded 2 Automatically loading mods through steam.
4. Enabling mods loading without booting up Reloaded 2Currently, there are two options for not having to boot up reloaded to load mods.
1. A shortcut on your desktop
2. Setting it up so it boots up when launching the game through Steam (Recommended!)
4.1. Making a desktop shortcut
Hit "Create Shortcut" after clicking P4G's icon in reloaded 2
Then a new icon will appear on your Desktop named P4G(reloaded)
Booting this up will load the mods without needing reloaded 2!
4.2. Mods loading when launching through Steam
With reloaded 2 open, go back to the add application tab.
Now once you see P4G's icon, click "Advanced tools and options." Then, check the box for Auto Inject, and click Deploy ASI Loader
You will get a message telling you your steam path and that it worked. Click continue and then your mods will load when you boot up P4G through Steam!
5. Disabling the console to solve stuttering cutscenesSome people might have cutscenes stuttering when booting up with Reloaded 2. The reason for this is the console that shows what files are being loaded as you play the game. This is really only useful for making mods, so it's recommended to turn this off.
The way to do this is very simple.
First navigate to the Mod Loader Setting Tab
Next you want to uncheck the "Show Console" box
Then with that disabled, it should stop your animated cutscenes from stuttering, assuming they were caused by the mod loader in the first place.
6. Filepaths and You!The filepath for mods will be (yourgamefolder)/mods/data0000#/mod contents
So if you have a mod, please upload a folder with that file path so people can drag and drop into their mods folder to play with no problem!
7. How to Make Mods
The first thing you need to do to mod is make sure you download NR2_unpacker from here
All you need to do is drag the data0000#.pacs over NR2_unpacker.exe. (If you don't know how to get those files scroll up)
Then the unpacked files will be in your game directory in folders like this.
For info on how to edit what files, check this wiki like referenced at the top.