- SA2 Sonic by MainMemory
You will probably want to use the 'Base Version', unless you intend to use the alternate costumes.
- SA2 custom Sonic model of your choice
- TextureEditor from SA Tools
- To get started, we'll make a new mod. You can do this in the mod manager by clicking
New...below the mod list. Fill in the info, and a new folder will be created in your mods directory.
SA2SonicBase.dllfrom SA2 Sonic into your new folder, and add this line to your
- Create the following folders:
- Copy a few more files over from SA2 Sonic:
Textures/metalsonic.pvmx71 is Super Sonic's model, and 328+418 are for Metal Sonic. For this tutorial, we won't be touching them.
- Now we're ready to start work on the custom model. In the custom model you downloaded, find
- Copy all files in this folder to system/sonicmdl/
- Open system/sonicmdl/sonicmdl.ini and add these three lines:
71=object_00020D5COnce again, these just ensure Super Sonic and Metal Sonic won't crash.
- Now, for the textures we'll need to grab them from
gd_PC/PRS/sonictex.pak. You can open this using TextureEditor.
- Once open, you can just hit
File > Save as... > PVMX
- Save in your mod folder as
And that should do it! Now if you enable your mod in the Mod Manager and run the game, your should see your custom model once you get in game. As with the SA2 Sonic mod normally, it won't appear correctly in character select or in cutscenes.
Special thanks to Lady Luna for the Jet Set Sonic mod I used for the thumbnail.
Friendly reminder if you want to post any mods using this to give credit to MainMemory and End User! Don't bother crediting me, I didn't do anything but drag files around!