This tutorial requires you to mod your 3DS for ROM dumping or getting your own .cia or .3ds. If you're 3DS is not modded, please follow this guide to install CFW on your 3DS. DO IT PROPERLY!
Come back here once you're done modding your 3DS.
- Modded 3DS with Luma CFW
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- A Mod that you want to install
- Citra 3DS Emulator (Canary Build)
- Install Hacked 3DS and dump the game
- Download the latest Canary Build on Citra's Website.
Dumping ROM from the 3DS:It's a requirement to dump your own ROM and I don't encourage people to pirate it. So make sure you use your own game.
- Open GodMode9(requires CFW) by holding the START button while booting
- [A:]SYSNAND SD/title/00040000/00033500/content/
- Select the biggest .tmd
- Look at the bottom screen and select TMD file options and Dump CXI/NDS file
- Open GodMode9 by holding the START button while booting
- [C:] GAMECART
- Select 0004000000033500.trim.3ds
- Select NCSD image options and Decrypt file (0:/gm9/out
Installing Mods:Now that Citra have LayeredFS support, installing mods is easy!
So for this guide, I will use Tolerable Adult Link Face Textures by Art-Does-Not-Compute as an example.
- Download the mod.
- Open Citra Emulator and click Add New Game Directory and locate where you put your game.
- Right click your game and select Open Custom Texture Location.
- Drag and drop all the .png on the folder.
- Go to Emulation/Configure... and go to the Graphics tab and check Use Custom Textures and Preload Custom Textures.
Screenshots:Link Skin Pack by Art-Does-Not-Compute
Reminder:I've been using "00033500" on this guide because my 3DS is US Region. If your 3DS isn't US, here are some other IDs: