If your Nintendo Switch is not modded, please read this guide first to install CFW on your Switch. DO IT PROPERLY!
Come back here once you're done modding your Switch.
- Modded Switch
- Homebrew Launcher
- SSB Mod Installer / ArcInstaller GUI / Modinstall.py
- Any mod
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Optional: Update before v3.1.0)
- Yuzu Switch Emulator
- Mod the Switch and follow this guide on setting up for Yuzu. This also includes dumping the .keys and your game.
- Download the latest mainline build on Yuzu's Website.
- If you are going to install the update, go to File and Install File to NAND.
3. Obtaining and Updating data.arcDo note that Yuzu is capable of dumping the data.arc. Although you could do that to your Switch but I'm certain that what Ultimate Mod Manager does is dump the current update of the game and not a specific update. I don't know anything about it. But if you want to get the specific update, you could do the xdelta method.
But first, getting 1.0.0 data.arc.
- Open Yuzu Emulator
- Doubel click Add New Game Directory
- Locate .xci or .nsp
- Right click the game and select Dump RomFS. Select Full and it's gonna take a while to dump.
- Huzzah! You got the data.arc
3.1. Updating (Fully Optional)
3.1.1. Requirementsxdelta patches
- Download and install them
- Rename your data.arc to data_old.arc
- Rename xdelta3-3.0.11-x86_64.exe to xdelta3.exe
- Rename your preferred patch to data_new.xdelta3
- Go to Command Prompt and type in the command:
xdelta3.exe -d -s data_old.arc data_new.xdelta3 data.arc
- This is gonna take a while to update. So kindly wait for about 30 minutes or so.
After finishing update, you can use it for CrossArc.
4. Installing ModsThis is the tiring part. Depending on what method you are using to install mods, it's up to you to install them. If you use ArcInstaller, here's a guide on how to inject them. If you are going to use the modinstall.py one (aka the Cave Man Method), then you have to rename all files into its offsets on their respective update and compress them with SmashPad.
I know. Tiring. Basically, it's the older version of the Guide to Getting Started Modding Ultimate before Ultimate Mod Manager, but that's the way it goes for now.
After you got your mods inject to your data.arc:
- Right-click the game and select Open Mod Data Location
- Create a new folder (any name)
- Inside the new folder, create another folder and name it romfs
- Place your data.arc in romfs and boot the game.
There you have it! You finally got mods in Smash Ultimate! It's somewhat useful to test your mods before releasing, but Ultimate Mod Manager is still superior since it can load faster and doesn't lag. Here are some screenshots I took on the emulator:
So yeah. That's all. Maybe come back once Yuzu is fully playable to everyone.