It's a simple thing. Although you could use to get like hacked shinies of the legendaries and gigantamax Meowth, Pikachu, and Eevee.
Anyways, here's a tutorial on adding pokemon in Sword and Shield. Although it's the same way as adding pokemon on the 3DS. But this time for the Switch.
Assuming you already modded your Switch, you can proceed to the preparation.
- Insert your SD Card to the computer
- Download Checkpoint.nro and put it on switch folder
- Eject and insert it on your Switch and boot your Homebrew Launcher
- Select Checkpoint and follow the instructions there.
3. Dumping the save file:This is really the easiest part of it. After follow what the instruction says, you click your game and press New and then you create a folder for your save. After which, you close your Switch and insert your SD Card to the computer and locate your save on switch/Checkpoint folder.
You'll get three files.
4. Editing the save file:
- Open PKHex
- Go to File>Open
- Locate your main
Now you are free to do whatever you want.
You want shiny? Press the Star button near the PID to get one.
You want hidden pokemons? Change the species to that kind of Pokemon.
You want cut pokemons? Do the same as before but they will be Pikachu.
After finishing adding, right click an empty slot and press Set.
If you like to edit your existing pokemon in the box or party, right click the pokemon and press View.
If you like to get rid of pokemon that refuses to release, right click the pokemon and press Delete.
5. Import the edited save:After you're done, go to File>Export SAV and export as main. Then put it to the same Checkpoint folder where you get your dump and you're done.
DISCLAIMER: Before you load your edited save file on Checkpoint, be sure to backup your NAND first so that Nintendo ninjas won't banned your account for loading an edited save on a NAND that connects to the internet. So transferring or trading hacked pokemons online will end up banning you. Better if you do it offline or on EmuNAND(or whatever).
Now let's clear out of the way, go to Checkpoint, select your game, press Restore and you're good!
Now you have your hacked pokemon in Sword and Shield. Hope this writted guide will help you. Enjoy!