Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
How To Add More Scenes In Baldi's Basics
A Tutorial for Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning
Hello! In this tutorial i will show you how to add more scenes to your baldi's basics decompiles in unitys. I will also show you how to make it so you can go to your new scenes, like I was able to in multiple schools. Pay attention to each step carefully, and now, lets get started!
Step 1. Open Up Your Baldi Decompile in Unity (2018.3.9f1)
Step 2. Go to scenes folder, and find the folder in there with all the scenes (School, warning, secret, etc.)
Step 3. Decide which scene you would like to copy for your new scene. Below is what each scene brings you to when you go to it. After your done choosing one, go to step 4.
Step 4. After deciding which one you want to copy, in the scenes folder, click and select show in explorer. It will open a window. Click on the scenes folder so it will look something like this
5. Click on the scene of your choice you want to copy and do ctrl-c and then ctrl-v to paste it. After doing that, it should look like this: (also, only copy one of the unity scene files, not the meta files)
6. After copying the scene of your choice and naming it, close that window and go back into unity. We are now going to make it so when you click on a button, it brings you to your new scene.
7. Enable the mode select window so it is overlapping the main menu screen. Then, find the story button game object and make a copy of it.
8. Open the start button script in Visual Studio, and go to the startgame() portion of it. Make some changes so it now looks like this
9. Copy the else if statement for the endless button and paste it under it. Then change the base name to the name of your new button, the current mode to either story or endless, and the scene to your new scene you added (this means when we click on it, we will go to the new scene)
10. After disabling the mode select screen again, when you run the game, when you click on your new button, you should go to your new scene. But make sure to add the scene to the build settings first or it won't work!
In my example, when I click on the new button, it brings me to the you won screen, as you can see below
And that's how you add new scenes to baldi and make it so you can go to them! I hope this helps people that have been asking how to do that. P.S: To make a new scene scene you can also just CTRL+D the scene you want to make a copy of. Thanks to baldisagoodperson for telling me that!