Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Hello. This Useful Tutorial is about Removing your GTAIV Lag. I've Decided to Write this Tutorial Because Most People with Better PCs than mine have Lag with GTAIV!
I have a Intel HD Graphics (Ivy Bridge), 4GB RAM and Intel Pentium G2020. GTAIV Perfectly Runs with about 30-50 FPS on my Machine with these Steps.
1. Go to your GTAIV Root Directory (Where GTAIV.exe is Located) and Find the "commandline.txt" File. If you can't Find it, then Continue Reading. Otherwise, Skip to Step 2. Now Make a New Text File and Name it "commandline" without the Quotes. Now you Should have a "commandline.txt" File in your GTAIV Root Directory.
2. Open the commandline.txt File and Copy-Paste these Lines:
3. Now Save and Close the Text File and Proceed to Step 4. 4. Go to this Page in your Browser and Download the Archive from Here. (I'm not the Author for these Files.) 5. Now Open the Archive you downloaded and Extract the "common" and "pc" Folders to your GTAIV Root Directory. (Where GTAIV.exe is Located) and Replace the files.
6. Now Enter the Game but don't Click on Start. Go to Options > Graphics and Set the Graphics Settings that I wrote Below:
Video Mode: 800x600 (60Hz) Aspect Ratio: 4:3 (or anything you want. but 4:3 is the best.) Texture Quality: Low Reflection Resolution: Low (You can also set to Off to Turn off Reflections Completely.) Water Quality: Low Shadow Quality: Low/Off (Preferally Off) Night Shadows: Off (In case you Set Shadow Quality to Off or Low, This will be Locked at Off.) Texture Filter Quality: Tri-linear View Distance: 12 Detail Distance: 12 Vehicle Density: 8 (Also 12 or 16 is good.) Definition: On (You won't Notice a Hit in FPS with this on or off.) Vsync: Off
7. Now Save the Settings by Pressing Space Key on your Keyboard. Now a Window Should appear about Using these Settings. Use Enter Key and Close the Options.
TIP: To Make the Game to be more Colorful, Go to Display Tab and Set the Saturation Bar to Max!
8. Now Start GTAIV and Enjoy no Lags!
Hope this Tutorial Helped you Removing your GTAIV Lag. If you have any Problems, Feel Free to Write a Feedback! <3