- To start off you are going to need to go into the game's files. This can be done by going to Steam > Library > Right clicking CS:2D > Properties > Local files > Browse local files.
- Now you need to find a folder called "gfx". Then look for a folder called "weapons".
- OPTIONAL Copy the orginal weapon files to another folder in case you need them. Do this by selecting all the files with the weapon you want to reskin and then by pressing CTRL + C. Now open the folder you want to copy them to and Right click the folder > Paste.
- Find the weapon you want to edit. Now you want to open the file in your editing software. This is done by Right clicking the file > Open with > Select software you are using. Start with the file named [weapon you choose]_m (this is what the weapon looks like on the buy screen). Replace [weapon you choose] with the name of your weapon.
- Now you can change any pixel in it that is not pink unless you want to change the shape of the weapon. The pink is used to as an alpha channel which in game is used to be transparent.
- When you are done applying this skin go to File > Save. This is typically located at the top of your editing software in the left corner.
- Now open the next file for the skin, this should be [weapon you choose]_d (what the weapon looks like when dropped on the ground ingame), repeat steps 5-6 on this file however before you save, change the background to RGB 255 0 255 or HEX FF00FF or HSV 300 100 100 otherwise the image will have a white background.
- Now find the file named [weapon you choose] (this is the what the weapon looks like when you are holding it) and repeat steps 5-7.
- Now you can load up the game and it will show your weapon skin! If you have any problems then post them in the comments and I will try to help you solve them.
- I will add photos in the future.
- Don't edit [weapon you choose]_k! Leave it how it is!
- Some items such as knifes only need one file changed.
- Original post here.