- Switch with CFW + LayeredFS
- SSBU 1.0 (atm, it will works only with version 1.0,)
- installed Python 3 -- https://www.python.org/downloads/
- modinstall.py from jam1garner -- direct download https://snip.li/4nDD or from Github https://github.com/jam1garner/ultimate-research/blob/master/modinstall.py
- data.arc from SSBU 1.0 (extract the SSBU.NSP or .XCI with hactool and also the biggest NCA to get the data.arc (this file is 13-14GB big and also you will need all other files from romfs and exefs later)
- a modified SSBU file (example: 0x11bf07428.nutexb)
Download and extract the modinstall.py, move the "modinstall.py" and also the ".nutexb" (your mod) into the romfs folder from the extracted nca.
(the whole thing can be done later on further modifications directly on the SD card with the same structure)
Type in the Window-Path of the folder the command
and press [Enter]
A command window promt on
Type following command into the command window (for example i take the 0x0x112c9b968.nutexb file name, you have to take the name of your mod)
python modinstall.py 0x112c9b968.nutexb
and press [Enter]
Note: all my mod's will be coming directy with the correct name (name = file offset) it is required the mod file has be this name because, the modinstall.py take this name to set the file into the right place into the data.arc file!) I can't promise things, for mods from others!
Injection is done!
Create a folder with the name
- for Kosmos
- for SXOS
- for ReiNX
idk, never use ReiNX (xxxx/titles)
on your SD-Card
Now you have to copy all files (exefs and romfs folder) to the "01006A800016E000" folder on your SD-Card
Take the SD-Card back into your Switch, start your CFW with LayeredFS and have fun.
Note: if anything went wrong and an error appears or you get an boot-loop in the game, the modinstall.py has created a backup of the original file. Delete the mod file
and rename the backup file from
and inject the file again with the same process into the data.arc.