As you may know, its not possible to use two .pack files like Bootup.pack or TitleBG.pack at the same time.
For those of you who actually do their research on what they drag, drop, and apply onto their $300 device, you know that .pack files are basically another packed up file system that the game can access. It can contain some of the same folders and files that are found in the base
/romfsfolder, like "Model", "Sound", "Actor", and more. You can follow this guide to combine any and all .pack edits to have the ultimate BOTW mod experience.
Things you'll need:
- Wexos Toolbox to pack and repack your .pack files
- You can also use sarc to extract and repack your .pack files, which is less user friendly but better overall if you have experience with python scripts and CLIs.
- Some .pack files to combine OR the individual files that were modified in the .pack file.
- Knowledge of BOTW file structure and where the files will be in the .pack
A nice and friendly modder will usually leave the individual files out in the mod archive. For one of these examples we'll be combining our TitleBG.pack with this infinite stamina mod. In the download, you'll see a "GameROMPlayer.sbactorpack" at the root of the archive because the lovely modder left it there so we dont have to extract it ourselves.
Let's get to it! Here we'll be replacing the GameROMPlayer.sbactorpack, which is located in "Actor/Pack/" of TitleBG.pack.
1. After downloading Wexo's Toolbox, extract it;
2. Open Wexo's Toolbox;
3. Get your TitleBG.pack (could be the Link or Zelda one, whatever floats your boat) and drag it and drop onto Wexos Toolbox.
4. In the Wexos Toolbox toolbar go to Edit > Search
5. Enter "Actor/Pack/GameROMPlayer.sbactorpack" and hit OK. It has to be case and spelling-perfect or else Wexos will return an error.
6. Wexos will hightlight the file you searched for, you may have to scroll or widen the window a little more to see it. Now right click on the highlighted GameROMPlayer.sbactorpack and hit REPLACE
7. Navigate to GameROMPlayer.sbactorpack you got from the Infinite Stamina Mod
8. In the Wexos Toolbox toolbar go to File > Save
9. DONE! You can now throw this in your
/romfs/Pack/folder and live it up!
If you are extracting a modded file from a TitleBG.pack, on step 6 click EXPORT instead.
When saving the file making sure you delete everything except the file name and filetype.
Keeping the slashes in the exported file name will return an error.
Below is a comprehensive gif on the whole process, it's quite short and easy if you know what to do.
I have my files I want to inject in a folder named PACK on my desktop,
and I copy and paste the names and filetypes so I don't have to memorize what they are:
Heres a second example for replacing the Paraglider. Notice the difference file location when searching for it. You cannot just drag and drop your file onto Wexos, you must know the location. You can scroll through hundreds of unordered files, or you can take the time to look up where the file you want to replace is located.