Alright, Let's get this tutorial started.
In GMOD, you can use Developer Console for execute Commands and have Fun too with
So, here i'm going to show you some developer console Commands in GMOD
(And Some of them Need sv_cheats 1 for Work!)
- sv_cheats 1 - Enables cheats on the server.
- buddha - Makes you survive if your health reaches on 1.
- noclip - Makes you fly around on the map. (Is the same effect If you press V [By Default] on sandbox.)
- thirdperson - Enables the Third Person camera. (It makes your camera on your back.)
- firstperson - Enables the First Person camera. (It resets the camera to normal if you use thirdperson.)
Well, That was SOME commands that can have in Source Engine games.
Now, Time to show some POSSIBLE entities on Gmod.
- ent_create weapon_alyxgun - Creates a Alyx's Gun on the map.
- ent_create weapon_357 - Creates a 357 weapon on the map.
- ent_create weapon_stunstick - Creates a Stun Stick weapon on the map.
- ent_create weapon_crowbar - Creates a Crowbar weapon on the map.
- ent_create weapon_physcannon - Creates a Gravity Gun on the map.
- ent_create weapon_crossbow - Creates a Crossbow on the map.
- ent_create weapon_bugbait - Creates a Bug Bait on the map.
- ent_create weapon_smg1 - Creates a SMG on the map.
- ent_create weapon_striderbuster - Creates a Strider Buster on the map. (BUT i think it need Half-Life: Episode Two to work.)
- ent_create weapon_shotgun - Creates a Shotgun on the map.
- ent_create weapon_rpg - Creates a RPG on the map.
- ent_create weapon_pistol - Creates a Pistol on the map.
- ent_create weapon_frag - Creates a Grenade on the map.
- ent_create weapon_ar2 - Creates a AR2 on the map.
- ent_create weapon_annabelle - Creates a Annabelle on the map.
Now, Some GMOD Commands.
- sv_kickerrornum 0 - Disables kicking for lua errors.
- sv_unlag 0 - Disables lag compesation.
- sv_password - Sets the password of the server.
- npc_create <NPCclassname> - Create the NPC matching <classname> at the point you're looking at, if it can fit in the space. (For example: npc_create npc_combine_s)
point_viewcontrol?, Lemme Explain.
point_viewcontrol is a point entity available in all Source games. It is a camera entity that controls the player's view. While it's active, the player will see out of the camera.For Example:
In code it is represented by class
CTriggerCamera, defined in
This class appears to have some problems. Please see its discussion page for notes.
- ent_create point_viewcontrol fov 80 target path01 wait 10 moveto path02 speed 10 targetname testingviewcontrol01 - Creates a point_viewcontrol.
- ent_fire testingviewcontrol01 Enable - Enables the point_viewcontrol.
You need to create path_track for make the Command work!
path_track?, Lemme Explain.
path_track is a point entity available in all Source games. It is used to build paths for other entities to follow. Each path_track is a node on the path, each holding the name of the next For Example:
path_track in the path.
- ent_create path_track targetname path01 - Creates a path_track with
Then look somewhere then do:
- ent_create path_track targetname path02 - Creates a path_track with
lua_run?, Lemme Explain.
A console command that allows you to run lua code on the server.Examples:
lua_run Entity(1):SetHealth(300) Set's the first player's health to 300.
lua_run zombie = ents.Create("npc_zombie") zombie:Spawn()Creates a zombie and spawns it (at the origin by default).
lua_run zombie:Ignite()Sets our previously spawned zombie on fire.
There's lua_run_cl too!
lua_run_cl?, Lemme Explain.
A console command that allows you to run lua code on the client.
lua_run_cl print(LocalPlayer():GetPos(),LocalPlayer():EyeAngles())Prints your world position and eye angles.
Alright, that was not all GMOD Developer console commands..
Maybe later i add more on the tutorial..
But Don't Worry..
I will find Even more GMOD Console commands for the Tutorial.
That's it for now, Bye!
Version 2.5 (Minor Update)
- -Added lua_run explanation.
- -Added lua_run_cl explanation.
Version 2 (Just Getting Started Update)
- -Added point_viewcontrol explanation.
- -Added path_track explanation.
- -Added more ent_create commands.