-Yaz0Dec & Yaz0enc
-Super Mario Sunshine Bin Editor (Made by Miluaces)
-BMDCubed (Made by Gamma)
(LINK AT THE BOTTOM)
Extracting and rebuilding your Root Folder:
Open GCRebuilder, then go to
Then select the disc icon named "root" then right click it and export it to any address in your computer.
Opening .SZS Files:
.SZS files are files used in Nintendo Games, to open them you'll need, Yaz0Dec and Rarc Dump:
1- Drag your .SZS file to Yaz0dec and you should get a file named "Example.szs.rarc"
2- Drag "example.szs.rarc" to RarcDump and you should get a folder full of files.
(IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT EACH FORMAT DOES GO TO THE BOTTOM)
Model Imports (NOT FOR BEGINNERS)
- Get ma_mdl1 from mario.szs.rarc.dir>mario>bmdAnd import it to 3dsmax 2015
- You'll get 1 model, and a set of bones, delete ma_mdl1(MODEL) and keep the bones, you'll notice that there are no bones at all. What you want to do is check all the bones at the right of the screen, and check them (cente being the first bone and mdl1 being the last)
- After checking them all, import a model, with textures and scale it with the scale tool to make it bigger or smaller depending on the size, after it fits the bones, select the model you imported and go to Modify>Modifier list and select skin.
- Then scroll down and click on "Add Bones", and click on Display>Expand all, and select from "mdl1 to the last bone"
- After that, you want to add an animation to weight the model, for that, select ma_mdl1character and go to Insert Animation (Download this animation)
- What you want to do now is merge the animation, when merged, the model will look weird, that can be fixed by weighting the model, click on Edit Envelopes, check Vertices and scroll down and click on the wrench icon, a window called Weight Tool will appear, and you'll see numbers like 1 .75 etc, what you want to do to fix the model is select the corresponding bone and its vertices, then click 1.
- When you weight your model, go to ma_mdl1_character and click on assume pose, then delete point001 and ma_mdl1_character, you will be left with a bone called mdl1.
- Now, export it as a .DAE and use BMDCubed, you will get a BMD, rename it to ma_mdl1 and replace it on mario>bmd.
- If you want a more good looking model, replace ma_cap1 and ma_cap 3 with this
- Now, use ArcPack on mario.szs.rarc.dir>mario, you'll get a file named mario.arc, then, drag it to yaz0enc and you'll get a file named mario.arc.yaz0, rename it to mario.szs and replace it on your root folder, and rebuild it.
CUSTOM LEVELS (MODEL IMPORTS)
You'll need 3dsmax, ArcPack, Bin Editor,and yaz0enc:
- Open your model in 3dsmax, then open this model of mario
- Scale it to Mario's height
- Export as OBJ and use this tool to convert it to .col, and rename it to map.col
- Go back to 3dsmax and select your model, and rotate it -90.0 degrees along the x-axis, then go to utilities, and click on Reset XForm, then on, Reset Selected, then, export as a DAE, MAKE SURE ALL MESHES ARE MERGED
- Use BMDCubed to convert the DAE to a BMD, then rename it to map.bmd.
- After that, you want to extract a level, lets use bia_ex1 as an example (Bianco Hills secret level). Drag bia_ex1 to Yaz0Dec, then drag the file you got to RarcDump, you should get a folder, go to scene>map, then replace map.col, then go to scene>map>map and replace map.bmd
- Then open Bin Editor, and go to scene>map, and open scene.bin, go to Edit> and click on clear map, then go to Tools>Preview, click on CTRL+F and type: Mario, right click on Mario and click on "Go to"
- In the preview window you'll get teleported to a red cube, or a mario hat, drag that to the level, Thats where Mario will spawn
- You can add stuff like coins by going to Wizard>Create
- Save your scene and go to bia_ex1.szs.rarc.dir>scene, drag your scene folder to ArcPack, then to Yaz0enc, and rename it to bia_ex1.szs.
- Go to your root folder and go to root>data>scene and then replace bia_ex1.szs, open up GCRebuilder and rebuild your game and test it
- This can apply to any level, just that on secret levels is easier.
HOPE YOU LEARNED SOMETHING, WILL BE ADDING STUFF LIKE LEVEL IMPORTING, TEXTURE EDITING, GUI EDITING AND CODING!