1. IntroductionFrustrated with the struggles of DDD? With it not connecting to your PC, random disconnects and other shenanigans? Well I have figured out a better method of dumping via disc2app, CDecrypt and JNUSTool. The best part is you can acquire the dump files in less than an hour! No more 6 or greater hour wait! This does work for any other game too.
1.1. Notice before startingThis tutorial is somewhat outdated. Please check out user fungus' Uwizard Dumping Tutorial. Works for both disc and digital. This merely exists if you want to save some bandwidth if you have the disc version or if Uwizard will not work for whatever reason.
2. PrerequisitesThese are the tools and programs you'll need to get started.
- Homebrew Launcher
- Java (Required for JNUSTool to work. Skip this if you already have it)
3. Dumping The FilesDownload the Homebrew Launcher and disc2app from the prerequisites section. Extract both zip files and drag the wiiu folder from both zips onto the root of your SD Card. If all is correct, your SD card should look like this:
If this is correct, you may go ahead and remove the SD Card from your computer. Insert the card into the Wii U and USB if that's what you're going to dump the game onto. Load the Homebrew Launcher with loadiine.ovh or Haxchi. Once loaded, run disc2app and you should be seeing this.
Take out any inserted disc you have inside the console before doing anything else. Press A if you're going to dump to your SD Card or B if it's to your USB. Push the button you want and insert the disc back into the console. It should start dumping which should look somewhat like this.
This will take around an hour. Once done, it should exit to the home menu and you can eject your SD Card/USB from the Wii U.
4. Acquiring the Patch folderPlease refer to fungus' Uwizard dumping guide and read steps 3.2 and 3.4 as this part is outdated. Again, only follow this if Uwizard will not work for you.
So disc2app only rips the base game, so you're going to need to get the most recent update from JNUSTool. Download and extract JNUSTool if you have not done so. Open the config file in Notepad or whatever you use to edit text and replace [COMMONKEY] with the Wii U Common Key (it is illegal to give out, so a simple google search is all I can tell you to do). Once you do that, save the file and open JNUSTool.jar.
If you get a pop-up saying "Updated the updatetitles.csv!" then you did it correct. Press OK and the program should open up. Scroll down until you see Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
Select the title with your correct region then click "Download Encrypted Files." Wait for it to finish (a pop-up will appear telling you), then you can move on to the last step.
5. Decrypting the ContentsDownload and extract CDecrypt if you haven't already. Drag all of the contents from the dump (not patch) into the CDecrypt folder. Hold shift in an empty spot in the window and right click. Press "Open command window here" and then a command prompt window should have popped up. Copy and paste the following in the prompt:
CDecrypt_v2.0b.exe title.tmd title.tik
Press Enter on your keyboard and the files should start coming through as shown here.
It should look like this when done.
You may now delete all the NUS encrypted files you added in the folder (make sure important CDecrypt files are not deleted!). Move code, content and meta somewhere else like in a folder on your desktop. Do the very same following the instructions above but with the patch contents. When the patch gets decrypted, select the code, content and meta folder and merge it with the dump. If it asks you to replace files, allow it. In total, your dump folder should be 13.6 GB. If so...
Congrats! You now have your dump. Put it somewhere safe or where you can find it and setup Sm4shExplorer like usual.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask me on Discord or in the comments.