Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
CS:GO Radar Maker 1.0 is a tool by Refil Entertainment that facilitates the creation minimaps for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive's maps. While the user is still required to perform the basic tradition steps of the minimap making, CS:GO Radar Maker makes it easy to place the minimap icons (Spawn areas, Hostages and Bombsites) without needing the user to manually edit the text file for the same.
1. Launch Steam. Go to Library. Right click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive > Click on Properties > Set Launch Options... In the launch options, type in:-
-novid -windowed -w 1024 -h 1024
Click OK, and launch the game.
2. Open the Console ("`" key) and type in:-
3. Now place your player to a position where you can see the whole level from above.
4. Switch to orthographic mode with the console command "cl_leveloverview x", wherexis the scale factor.
5. Take a screenshot using "P" key. Also, it the console, you will see the projection data (position and scale) eg "Overview: scale 6.00, pos_x -2651, pos_y 4027". Copy this data, and paste it in a text file.
6. Start up Photoshop and open the .TGA file that you created. It should be located at "%STEAMINSTALL%\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\screenshots". Where"%STEAMINSTALL%"is the directory in which you have steam installed. This is most likely"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam".
7. Make all the necessary editions without nudging the screenshot. Save the image as a .DDS file. (File -> Save As). The file name should be your map name followed by "_radar"ex. (de_dust_radar.dds). The file format should be D3D/DDS. Save the file to"%STEAMINSTALL%\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\resource\overviews"
8. When the DDS dialog box opens click the drop down box at the top left, and change the option from "DXT1 RGB 4 bpp | no alpha"to"DXT1 ARGB 4 bpp | 1 bit alpha"As shown in the image below. (If the "Save As..." .DDS file option is not available to you, then you might need to download a photoshop plug-in. You can get it off of the NVIDA website here: NVIDA .DDS Plug-In)
9. Open CSGO Advanced Radar Maker, click on "Load Radar Image" and load the screenshot you took.
10. Click on "Choose an icon" option, select the desired icon from the drop-down list and then click on the minimap to place it at the desired location. Repeat this step to place all the icons you need.
11. Under the export properties, fill all the fields with appropriate information. In the "Map Name" field, fill the name of the bsp file. In the "Material" field, type in the name of the DDS file (that is, mapname with prefix _radar). In the remaining fields, fill up the projection data that we pasted in a text file in step 5.
12. Click "Done". Save the file to"%STEAMINSTALL%\SteamApps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\resource\overviews"
13. Check the radar in the game.
You can also create Multi-layered Minimaps by using "Map Layer Properties" option.
Is it possible to update this program to an 2020 Version? I Mean we're in 2020. Somebody must be a genius who can do so that you can just insert map, and it makes the radar all by it self, so you can place that with the map? Or at least automate some more steps! :D
I like that you created a clear video how to do the command lines ingame and well explained all the way, however I already replied to this about my thoughts of the program.
Well, I agree with that comment. And as I mentioned in the beginning of this tutorial, you still are required to do all the basic steps by yourself. I hope the author of the tool improves it to that point in the future.
For now, I guess it should at least have a support for png images. and it should also convert the loaded radar image into DDS file and produce it along with the text file.