Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
**This will work on almost every newer source engine game**
This tutorial assumes that you have Sourcemod installed and properly configured on your server.
- First of all download and install this addon (both attached files): Paintball - In your server.cfg add the following string: "sm\_cvar r\_maxmodeldecal 1000"
- This value is responsible for the max limit of paintball decals painted every round. If it's too high for you and server doesn't run smoothly then reduce it to for example 500 or 250. In CSS this variable is named "r\_decals" or something like that.
- In real paintball when someone hits you once - you are out. So to make this in game install the following addon: Set Start Health - In server.cfg add this: "starthealth\_value 1"
- Next plugin is responsible for removing buyzones, ground weapons, objectives and setting weapon for everyone. In CSGO I prefer MP7/MP9 beacause of its paintball-style looking. In CSS you may try MP5. Ofcourse you can set weapon of your choice.
- Install: Weapon Arena - Server.cfg: "sm\_weaponarena\_unlimitedammo 0" (We're restoring limited ammo functionality)
- In CSS if Weapon Arena doesn't work try This and This and if you want, some plugins that remove objectives and ground weapons.
- Once you launch your server, open your admin menu, then "Arena commands" and set weapon of your choice as paintball marker.
If you're searching for paintball style map, please check this one out (CSGO): gg_festspeedball or this category (CSS): Paintball Maps
- Next plugin adds functionality to stop bullets going through walls etc. but currently it seems not working for me: Bullet Penetration Filter - In server.cfg type: "sm\_penetration\_geometry 0"
- If you want to start this plugin only on certain maps please check and install: Map Configs - After that rename all your maps prefixes to pb (or whatever you want) and add config file for this kind of maps with all variables mentioned above.
- You can also change skins of players to something more paintball-style. Install this: Skinchooser - After installing plugin, download and install these skins (or whatever skins you'd like): Masterchief skins