Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
How to successfully install re-textures
- A Tutorial for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Please follow these simple steps:
1. Download your skin and save it on your computer.
2. Then go to your CS GO directory and drag and drop the materials folder from the skin you downloaded into your “csgo” folder.
3. Right after that open up “pak01_dir” with “Notepad++” which is located in the “csgo” folder in your CS GO directory.
4. On every skin you download you have to change “pak01_dir” directory lines to make the game look for the modified texture.
5. The skin which you downloaded will include a view re-texture and a custom name of that re-texture so you have to find these lines and modify them to match with the view re-texture’s custom name:
6. And if it includes a world re-texture (and of course a custom name of that re-texture) you have to find these lines and modify them to match with the world re-texture’s custom name:
7. Then click save and close “Notepad++”
8. Watch the pictures carefully one more time to make sure that you got everything
9. Run the game and have fun!!!
I am sorry for any grammar mistakes on the pictures. I know the mistakes but I’m too lazy to record my screen and modify it with Photoshop again.
Hope I helped you and if you got any questions please post a comment or pm me. Have a nice day.
> **Posted by saltyz**
> I Really cant be bothered to install skins now for csgo since that skin installer is trashed fuck csgo skins SOMEONE MAKE A SKIN INSTALLER!
I made a skin and a texture installer, you should check them out :)
I'm having a problem with this method, I installed a skin for the M4a4, and that works, but now all other weapons and tools show the classic black and purple missing textures, any ideas on how to fix it?, I used notepad++ and followed the guide to the word
> **Posted by jeespoks**
> original was called v_models/pist_deagle
> and retexture is called v_models/pist_deagl1
> edit; dafuq why is the original called $baseTexture "models\weapons\v_models\pist_deagle\varianta\pist_deagle_bluedwood"
Other members say that CS GO shows an error if you install the latest update.
original was called v_models/pist_deagle
and retexture is called v_models/pist_deagl1
edit; dafuq why is the original called $baseTexture "models\weapons\v_models\pist_deagle\varianta\pist_deagle_bluedwood"