Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
- A Tutorial for Counter-Strike 1.6
Well, this is another one of my GoldSrc tuts. This tutorial showcases on how to create the effect of rain in Hammer v3.4. Its easy and fast.
- First of all, make sure that you are using the updated fgd. Otherwise, you can download the latest update from [here](http://www.slackiller.com/tommy14/cs_expert-tom793.zip ""). Now, I hope you know how to configure your FGD with Hammer.
- Well then, create a brush. Any size will do but make sure that it can be hollowed and can be compiled as a room in which one can move (a big room).
- Now the general idea, is to create a small environment with a ground and a sky. So go ahead, put suitable textures. Dont forget to assign the top brush with the "sky" texture (otherwise it would look that the room is leaking water from its plumbing system, XD) and others as needed.
- Now, the main part of the tutorial. Create a new entity and select "env_rain". Press Enter. Then right-click the entity and select "Properties". Now turn off SmartEdit as shown in the screenshot.
- Then add the following keys by entering the respective names and their values on the right side as marked in the screenshot below.
![Dialog Box](http://i41.tinypic.com/2uf4sjk.jpg "")
- That's it done!
[Download .RMF (MediaFire)
> **Posted by Takatalvi**
> This is very easy to do and this tut is a bit useless since the only thing that must be done to make rain is to just create the env_rain, you don't even need to change its properties.
That's true but it may look easy for u but not to everyone..