Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
Make Cs 1.6 Private Server
- A Tutorial for Counter-Strike 1.6.
How to make your own private Cs 1.6 Server in few minutes
Installation Tutorial dedicated server Steam or Counter Strike 1.6 Non Steam on Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
To install a Counter Strike 1.6 server, you need the following:
a.Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7, processor 1000 ghz, 256 ram memory
c. 300 - 400 MB free disk
Steps that have to do to install Counter Strike 1.6 server
1. The first thing you should do is to download the installer [here](http://tutorialecstrike.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=95&func=fileinfo&id=1 "") Counter Strike 1.6 Server create a new folder anywhere Creator.Then the disk, preferably call it HLDS. Can be called anyway but it is easier to explain it, this name is classic.
2. You have to do next steps:
Double click on executable Counter-Strike 1.6 Server Creator.exe. Selection window will appear the installation folder.
Looking HLDS - folder that you created - and click OK. Note that you must be necessarily connected to the Internet. Then you Next and Install.
After a few seconds - be patient if it does not appear immediately - a window will appear black on the screen that will show progress installation. When this installer download all the basic components of a Counter Strike 1.6 server in your HLDS folder. This process may take some time, depending on internet connection speed. When the installer will check HLDS finish the job. If it has 315 MB (approximately), all components have been downloaded counterstrike server, so everything is fine.
Make a copy of HLDS folder to have a backup in case something goes bad later and have to take it again. So you will not have to download the new server with Server Creator.
3. Now you have activated the plugin: Metamod 1.19. For this go to HLDS \ cstrike \ liblist.gam and go there the next line (as others):
< _**gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"**_ > *whitout "<>"
save the file and exit.
4. Now we need to make the server to be accessible to all players - and those who do not have steam.
If you want to be just Steam server, skip this part.
Patched for No Steam server can be done by two methods. Choose only one of them:
4.1 swds.dll file using the classical method. No Steam patch download 47 +48 from here, unzip, double click the executable and choose the HLDS installation folder.
4.2 The second method is to install plugin dproto (Protocol Manager). Download 0.4.1 + Fix.exe Dproto here, you double click the executable and choose the folder to install the main directory of the server (HLDS).
Then go to HLDS \ cstrike \ addons \ metamod and open plugins.ini with Notepad or Wordpad, then add the following line there:
< _**win32 addons\dproto\dproto.dll**_ > *whitout "<>"
After activation Metamod, this plugin will run to make the server accept clients No Steam. After you start the server you can check if this plugin works, giving the command console meta list. The answer would be this:
dproto RUN - v0.3.7 ini Start Never dproto.dll
Attention! Installing this plugin is downloaded from a server with Server Original Creator, without any changes to DLLs (swds.dll, steam.dll or others).
Do not use both methods on the same server, but only one of them!
5. Go to HLDS \ cstrike \ server.cfg (open it with Notepad or Wordpad: ie: double-click it and select Open with, "select the program from the list", and there looking Wordpad or Notepad - click it and OK) , delete everything there and copy the following lines:
< // server name
hostname "Server Name"
// rcon passsword
// server cvars
// round specific cvars
// bandwidth rates/settings
// server logging
// execute ban files
exec banned_ip.cfg > *witout "<>"
6. Now that your server to run on the internet and see the game list, you should go all in server.cfg, look for a line sv_lan 1. 0 instead of 1 pass and then you add the following lines in all who are there:
< _**setmaster add 220.127.116.11:27010
setmaster add 18.104.22.168
setmaster add 22.214.171.124
setmaster add 126.96.36.199
setmaster add 188.8.131.52:27040
setmaster add 184.108.40.206:27040
setmaster add 220.127.116.11:27010**_ > *witout "<>"
Save the file and exit.
At this point, if you followed the instructions on, have a functional server for Counter Strike 1.6. For a sample you can start it like this. Search your HLDS file, executable hlds.exe (as shown), right clicking on it and "Send to desktop". It will appear on the screen the same icon as in HLDS. Double click will open the console.
Now you, Start Server. You can enter the server.
Take your time but, because it's not ready. Your installer has automatically installed AmxModX 1.8.1. AmxModX is plugin that helps you give commands to the server that you have control, you display the statistics and effects and you enter some specific sounds (such as monsterkill or headshot).
At this point you have three options:
1.Let server to run on Amx Mod X as it is installed! Recommended!
3.Install AdminMod, in which case you need Statsme statistics and sounds.
2.Install Clanmod, in which case you also need Statsme.
P.S: To make it visible on the game server list search on google Masterserver Setti and add your IP there!
Also you can add it to Game Tracker to get widgets and statistics for youre blog/site/ or forum.
[AmxMod comand list.](http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/10621 "")
[How to put admins.](http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/10624 "")
[How to Install AmxModX plugins.](http://www.gamebanana.com/tuts/10622 "")
> **Posted by Qix**
> - Informative
> - It's a wall of text. I had to use all my energy to read it!
> - Stick some headings in there, make use of code/quote tags, and space things out a bit more. A lengthy/spaced out tutorial is better than an unreadable tutorial!
I know but these are the steps and for now I don't have time to make it more readable.
- It's a wall of text. I had to use all my energy to read it!
- Stick some headings in there, make use of code/quote tags, and space things out a bit more. A lengthy/spaced out tutorial is better than an unreadable tutorial!
> **Posted by UnexpecteD_Gamer7**
> LOL It's to complicated. IT SHOULD BE EASIER!
If it should be easier search one out for mee too:)) for the rest this is the easiest tutorial posible, just follow the step and you'll get it just fine.