Counter-Strike 1.6 Movie Tutorial
This tutorial is about making your own Counter-Strike 1.6 movie. Follow the steps below and you'll be able to create a Counter-Strike movie easily. Make sure that this does not work with Counter-Strike: Source. So, lets begin:
**1. Programs you need are:**
- Sony Vegas [any version] : [Download](http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegaspro "")
- Virtual Dub [one of newer versions] : [Download](http://www.virtualdub.org/ "")
- Huffyuv codec [best codec] : [Download](http://www.chip.de/downloads/HuffYUV-Codec-2.1.1_13007659.html "")
**2. Installizing Huffyuv v2.1.1**
- Open the .rar file you downloaded
- Click on the Wizard icon and it'll extract all the files to a specific folder on your Desktop
- Open that folder (it'll probably be named "huffyuv-2.1.1")
- Right click on Huffyuv.inf and click on "Install"
**3. Recording the frag:**
- Open Counter-Strike 1.6
- Open the console and write "viewdemo demoname" (without quotes) and press Enter.
**NOTE: Don't write "playdemo" because you will not be able to rewind the scenes.**
- Now write bind F1 "startmovie FILM 90" and bind F2 "endmovie"
- Find the demo scene you want
- Press F1 and wait as long as you want (MAKE SURE THAT IT'S RECORDING THE SCENE UNTIL YOU PRESS F2)
- When the scene you wanted to record is over, press F2 and close your game
**4. Connecting pictures:**
- Open VirtualDub
- Click on "Open" and find the "cstrike" folder in Counter-Strike 1.6 directory.
- Then select the first picture from previous process (its name will probably be something like "mapname0001.bmp" - e.g de_dust0001.bmp) and open it.
- Go to Video --> Frame Rate and select "Change Frame Rate to FPS"
- Write 90 in the "FPS box"
- Go to Video --> Compression --> and select "Huffyuv" and click on OK
- Now save the project as a .avi file by going to File --> Save as AVI.
NOTE: **Now we got a .avi which we need to edit in Sony Vegas.**
Thank you for reading this tutorial. Enjoy your movies!
> **Posted by jaspreet**
> hey i also wanna make all this stuff............i hv joined game banana before a few hours.................. can anybody tell me how can i make animations or models..??????
if youre new, i recommend to stick for now on mapping, im doing that right now, and modelings if way more complicated -Milkshape for models/anims- -Valve Hammer Editor for maps-
> **Posted by Superstar Games**
> > **Posted by onurmert06**
> > Good tut. Thanks. But i think Fraps is better and easy than that.
> OK.Thank you anyway.I think too fraps is easier way but this is fot beginers an people who don't use fraps
Ok thanks again. Maybe you will show using Fraps? Alternate way for movie.