Ads keep us online. Without them, we wouldn't exist. We don't have
paywalls or sell mods - we never will. But every month we have large bills
and running ads is our only way to cover them. Please consider unblocking us. Thank you from GameBanana <3
- A Tutorial for Counter-Strike: Source
1. Open CS:S.
2. Check if you have console enabled, if you do skip to step 5, if not carry on to step 3.
3. If you know how to enable it then do it, if not carry on to step 4.
4. Open the options tab in CS:S home-page and check the Keyboard tab is selected. Press the button "Advanced" and tick the box for "Enable Developer Console".
5. Open up console and use this format for a CONSOLE COMMAND SHORTCUT:
bind (Enter key here) (Command here) e.g bind k kill That would be to bind a key to kill yourself by typing kill in console.
If you want a CHAT BIND which says something in the in-game chat then use this:
bind (KEY) "say (Text here)" e.g bind 1 "say Nice shot!!" to say nice shot whenever you press one.
6. If you ever want to remove just ONE key shortcut and not all of them type unbind "Key you used" and it gets rid of it. e.g unbind 1 would get rid of that earlier chat bind. If you want to UNBIND ALL OF THEM type in console unbindall.
Alternatively, open 'config.cfg' in your 'cfg' folder and add/remove/change the binds there, either way, after doing that, you may want to turn your 'config.cfg' to read-only.
Do NOT copy this please. Write your own, it doesn't take ages. Thanks again.
The way you described to remove a bind does not work, and is in fact something I use regularly; what it does is check what is bound to that key. One could also skip step 1 by modifying the config.cfg file, this effectively skips steps 2, 3, and 4 as well.
You can use unbind key instead of bind, e.g. unbind k. Also step 3 is redundant. Also it may help to separate the bind commands so that you can read them easier. Try using a code block or a heading or something.