1. OverviewModel viewer is made by Uncle Mike, developer of Xash engine as a modern replacement for outdated HLMV and Jed's Model Viewer.
2. Most notable features:
- The program does not keep being in memory on exit like Jed's Model Viewer.
- Supports models with 20,000 polys in each submodel.
- Functionality is almost like in Jed's MV. (Except playing event sounds)
- Automatic detection of view models. (View models already opened in first person camera, you can change camera view with V hotkey)
- Proposes to save the model after making changes to it on exit.
- Able to manipulate blending in animations.
- Support of new texture flags, including Paranoia 2 ones.
- Takes up little space on computer. (contains one .exe file only)
- Supports lefthanded view-models for CS.
- Able to change top and bottom colors of DM_Base and Remap Textures. (Added in 1.28 beta)
- renaming textures in the Textures tab
- Has build in editor to configure model origin, attachments, hitboxes, eye position, bound and clip boxes. (Added in 1.28 beta)
- Has two edit modes: QC Source and Real Model.
- Visual preview of muzzle-flashes. (When animation have appropriate events)
- NEW: Support of Inverse Kinematics, JiggleBones and Vertex Weights, Also you can visualize Vertex Weights like in Source Model Viewer. (GoldSrc didn't support these features, they are for Paranoia 2: Savior)
- NEW: Support of Animation Blending, 2-way, 3-way, 4-way, 9-way.
- NEW: Like in Jeds HLMV you can export UV Map from viewer.
- NEW: MSAA for viewer screen.
- NEW: When choosing combination of Bodygroups in model, viewer will write "Body" number for env_model and env_static to give that entity right Bodygroups.
- NEW: Viewer adjust camera zoom about model size.
- NEW: You can using left and right arrow keys switch models in one folder.
- And many other changes.
3. Change log (translated from russian by google translator)
- Added a tool for renaming textures in the Textures tab.
- The No Smooth checkbox has been changed to Smooth TBN in accordance with the update of the Paranoia renderer (will be available later).
- Added checkbox Alpha Solid (for env_static) makes the alpha texture impassable. By default, it is considered that this is something like foliage. Actual for fences model.
- A button has been added to convert the old version of texture coordinates (Fixed Point) to the new version of Half-Float. Use at your own risk and only if you do not have the source code from the old model.
- fixed bug with modelka opening if its extension was in upper case.
- Added sorting of translucent meshes. This is not entirely correct for GoldSource, but it is very relevant for ksasha and paranoia.
- The old bone controller calculation mode is turned on for compatibility.
- fixed bug in color remapping for DM_Base
4. Hot keysg - show ground
h - show hitboxes
o - show bones
5 - increase transparency
6 - reduce transparency
b - show background texture
s - enable \ disable stencil (for a mirror)
m - show mirror
v - firstperson view \ normal view
l - Mirror left\right handed
1 - rendermode wireframe
2 - rendermode flat shaded
3 - rendemode smooth shaded
4 - rendermode texture shaded
-\+ - Animation playback speed
space - switch to the next sequence.
left / right buttons - navigate through the models in the folder
F5 - reboot model
5. P.S. - some warningsFullbright, Flatshade,Two side and other new flags are for Paranoia2 game texture abilities and other XASH engine games
6. ContactsCreator of the tool Unkle Mike - email@example.com
Forum - XASH 3d model viewer
Unkle Mike Paypall - firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is an official link for the editor, the author uploads newest versions here